• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
This issue will be revisited as development continues, and I believe the Supreme Court may eventually hear it given the attitude and resources of oceanfront homeowners.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
So it would have been ideal for him to hear the case and make a ruling, then that case would have set a precedence for all cases because of the one judge's ruling, is that correct? Wonder why he was motivated to say it was without merit? Doesn't that help the case a little? :dunno: Do you think he is pressured by developers?

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Did the judge have a comment on how you were characterized by the homeowner/media? At one point I thought you were considering slander/libel.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Anglers Prevail in Beach Issue

http://www.thedestinlog.com/articles/headline_articledisplay.php?a=3548

Attorney Gene Swiatek?s brief for the two men said there was no concrete evidence of harassment and that Kathy Wright?s claims in her deposition were based on subjective feelings such as ?I felt like you were turning around, looking at the house.?
Stone?s ruling said a finding of repeated violence required two incidents of violence or stalking; a harassment charge involved a course of conduct that causes ?substantial emotional distress ... and serves no legitimate purpose.? He said neither standard had been met.

litiGator

Beach Comber
Sep 24, 2007
"No part of Florida is more exclusively hers, nor more properly utilized by her people than her beaches." City of Daytona Beach v. Tona-Rama, Inc., Florida Supreme Court, 1974.
"Florida is advertised as a playground, a retreat from the hurryscurry of the modern world and from the rigors of northern climes. Fishing and swimming are prominent if not principal items of the entertainment the stranger expects to find here." Duval v. Thomas, Florida Supreme Court 1959.
"With Florida's population burgeoning and its recreational needs multiplying by leaps and bounds, the State's courts can ill afford any longer to be profligate with its public areas and allow them to be frittered away upon outmoded pretexts for commercial exploitation." City of Daytona v. Tona-Rama, Florida Supreme Court, 1974 (dissenting opinion)

These statements by Florida's Highest Court were made over 30 years ago! Is it time for Florida's citizens to take the "initiative" on their own???

2008 30A Beach Issue: Tourists stop showing up

because Walton County doesn't acknowledge its own responsiblity to ensure that tourism continues to be #1 economic engine of the country. Like a spoiled child they think they are entitled and can continue to abuse their good fortune instead of valuing it, by nickel and diming and disrespecting and not providing the kind of care for it's most important resource- the beach, DUH- and infrastructure and service to the people who appreciate it.
2001 (when we bought our property) - people on 30-A were ticked off about the existence of SIGNS! No joke.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
an idle thought: if there's going to be any arresting to be done, does it make more sense to one or two arrested individually or 50 arrested on a saturday??]

i have no idea why i'm posting at such an hour... oh yeah, neighbor's dog:bang: :bang:
Sign me up!

Pirate

Beach Fanatic
Jan 2, 2006
I was down for the wonderful Seaside wine festival last week and stayed in a house on Redfish Circle by the Inn at BMB. There is a public beach walkover to the west of the Inn that apparently leads to nowhere. When you step off the boardwalk onto the sand there is a sign to your right directly in the center of the beach stating Retreat only and one 3 feet to the left of that stating Inn at BMB only and another about 100 feet farther to the left stating White Cliffs only. I specifically remember a publicly funded renourishment of the area a few years back. This boardwalk must serve at least 30-40 homes on the south side of 30-a and 100's on the other side. How is anyone visiting supposed to get a positive feeling about the area with idiots putting up such a fuss about a beach? Even if you visited the Inn or White Cliffs or the Retreat it seems one would come away feeling strange about this. I own property on and off the beach and just feel lucky to be there no matter where I stay. Does anyone have an update on this issue?

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
I don't have an update but I think it's a giant crock o' crap! WTF do these folks think they are? Grayt point about all our taxes renourishing their supposed private beach, why?! Hey, did you see the thread stating Rosemary was bragging about having security guards on their beach access turning away Seacrest neighbors from using 'their' private beach.

Alys Bach is claiming they are a 'town' with 1500 feet of emerald coast beaches. Another thread on here said they've only sold 6 homes. How does that warrant being called a 'town'? Why did they build their supposed 'town' in the middle of another already established town of Seacrest Beach? They have neighborhood parties everytime you turn around but nobody seems to question if they are attempting to privatize a portion of what is actually Seacrest Beach. :scratch: Just wondering did anyone else complain when they screwed up the scenic route of the public's bicycle path down there? Why not? Is anyone else asking them about the beach and township claims? Is it the nice parties that make people not ask or are other people asking too? When they post invitations on this board you can ask them their beach plans, I have anyhow, if they plan on privatizing that is, and they totally ignore you with no response. That to me is a pretty clear answer in itself. Why wouldn't you respond with a resounding, 'NO"? if you weren't attempting such? Please set me straight, Alys. I will add I have never been harassed on the beach there and I have not seen signs on the beach yet. Wouldn't it be something if they were the first of these 30-A ritzy developments to publically announce no plans of privatizing their beach? Now that would be original! Heck why not a big beach party? I haven't visited in a while and am scared to come find signs all over the beach.That is just sad period that anyone is allowed to A) Claim the beach private just because they had the money to build gulf front. B) Place signs on the beach other than the county. C) Pollute like that.

Dern, why did I have to read this first thing? I let myself get so worked up about people trying to take beaches from the public who pay taxes to care for and enjoy all the beaches. I don't live there yet but own and pay plenty of taxes. I stand guilty of never attending a county commissioner's meeting. I would probably get kicked out anyhow because of running my mouth too much. :dunno:Would it really make any difference?
I have e-mailed each of them with concerns in the past. So sorry to talk too much again. :banging: Just worried about the beaches and realtors and some private homeowners claiming them as theirs alone. :sosad:

Last edited: