• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Re: Public's beach rights being attacked

Not to even mention renourish it with pristine white sand specially imported from the Gulf of Mexico :love:

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Re: Private Property Owner's Rights Being Attacked

I sent my e-mail to the commissioners yesterday asking for them to please vote public as the Gulf and south Walton beaches should be free to all for spiritual renewal to all who journey to her. :love: :blink: Hope ya'll have a grayt meeting today. Wish I was there to help more. I bet that building will be bustin' at the seams. I am proud of you all and want to thank all of you who do go and fight for freedom of our beaches.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

like waiting in line for tickets to a dead show. better get over there quick. i'm heading over to pay an inspection fee, I'll report back. maybe i'll meet bmbv while i'm there.

Do you think we can save some seats in advance like we did for Mt. Film?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Should I just go ahead and park at the school at 2:30, make the kids walk home and see if I can get in line then? *half-serious*

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Should I just go ahead and park at the school at 2:30, make the kids walk home and see if I can get in line then? *half-serious*

No, make the kids sit there and save our seats. They could do their homework (if they had any!)

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005

:love: it!!! Wish I was there to hear ya'll. (and finally meet ya'll too) . Thanks everybody. :clap:Hubba and I will be rootin' ya'll on in spirit! Thanks ya'll for representin' . :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:There is strength in numbers!

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

The private beach owners have a legal document issued by the State of Florida stating that "we own to the Gulf of Mexico". That means that we own the beach. The beach is our front yard.
I want to SEE that document. Until I actually see that document I wont believe it. I will be at this meeting and if you want to bring that document and protest the public/counties stand on this matter I am sure there will be more than a few people there that will be happy to examine it. I would also like to see the latest survey and the maps used by the surveyor to make sure they were the latest maps available.
Yes, it is a mystery ... and the beachfront folks have the luxury of having the county pick up their trash and keep their 'front yard' clean ... who cleans up our
yard?
FOR REAL! I I think I will have to bring up that fact at the meeting.

BeachBliss

Beach Comber
Nov 13, 2007

Unfortunately I can not be at the meeting tonight. My husband is out of town earning money so we can afford to keep our property on the beach and I need to stay in town to take care of my 9 and 11 year old. But trust me, if he was in town, I would be down at that courthouse already, sitting in the front row. I have traveled 5 1/2 hrs. both ways twice before to attend County meetings. If you don't believe that people own property up to the Gulf of Mexico, I'm sure you can go to the public records office and they will help you understand.

Assuming from the comments made since my last entry, the majority of you are for public beach rights along 30-A. Consider why you feel so strongly towards this wonderful area and why you LIVE there -it's quiet, very little traffic, not many people. Great reasons!! Why don't you live in Destin or Panama City? Because it's crowded, lots of traffic-right?

Well guess what? Destin and Panama city use to be just like 30-A, BEFORE THEY MADE THE BEACHES PUBLIC!!!! Developers have stayed away from 30-A because the beaches are private. 30-A is the last horizon in the panhandle.

If the beaches go public, than they can develop all around 30-A. Once they get public beaches approved, the next thing will be eliminating the height restrictions (which will a PIECE OF CAKE next to the beach issue) and putting up 40 story high developments in your front and back yards.

The developers have you right where they want you-you are being sucked in by them.

Keep the beaches private, the developers will go away because they can't sell the property and we all have our pristine beaches back.

Some people like the crowds, the college kids at spring etc... Hey, I use to and I went to Panama City, Daytona, Ft. Lauderdale, Destin. I didn't want to go to some boring place like 30-A, there's no action there!! But now, we have a chance to preserve this quiet stretch of beach that we all love. Once it goes like Panama City and Destin, we can't get it back.