• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Same problem at Ed Walline! Should have some borders at beach line then go back rows deep if they want to set up more chairs! (Tags on chairs are mostly a decoy!!) Most times I am there, chairs never used...
Still need defined & ENFORCED RULES/REGULATIONS!
Locals don't "count" only tourist do on "public beaches. Been here 12 years and what a mess!
All for small businesses, but I have/should have just as much access to the beach as another guy. (Plus I pay local home taxes which I know is more than beach chair guys do!)
Quiet days at the beach are long gone. End the TDC. This place is just too small for the over-crowding, no parking, trash on the beach, etc. Don't destroy your only asset (The beaches!).
GREED ALWAYS WINS...
"Have a nice day in Paradise."
Note: This is just my opinions/comments, if you don't like it, don't read it!

What is good for locals is good for tourists. :up:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Whatever happened to only setting up chairs that have been ordered by someone who plans to use them? I contracted with a service for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for the summer for my vacation rental house. It is tagged with the name of the house so my renters can find them and use them.
So on the days guess enjoy other thinks and don't go to the beach....that umbrella just takes up space which could be used.....maybe guess should hAVE to call on the days they actually want a beach setup. IMO

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
The game has changed. Now there is too much competition for space, and among vendors. The county got caught flat footed and is trying to get out in front of it but seems they aren't being strong enough. This is what happens in the evolution of a community. In order to control businesses you have to regulate them. Which means put in place controls and roadblocks to limit the number of vendors. This means conflict. The community has to be vocal about what it wants so the politicians and bureaucrats have courage to do the right thing.
Well for sure YOU can't write a rule that says Reasonable Distance from the water....not even New Math has a way to measure Reasonable Distance.. .1)..An exact FOOTAGE MUST be instituted. What is your 2) ? Vendor tail is wagging the SOWAL dog

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
The beach access we use seems to have a 50 foot open space or on either side of the space from stepping down into the sand to the water. The cabana boys stay left and right of that, which allows the rest of us to have that space that is easier to get to since some access has quite a few steps. This allows the cabana boys to go north and south as much as they want and allows the rest of us to have that designated east to west space. I think I'll post pictures this next visit. If there are a lot of beach access spaces in some areas then fewer cabana boy set ups. September! Ellen

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
How about no beach set-ups until the customer physically occupies them and no set-ups allowed until after 9am. The rest of the problems should take care of themselves.

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Whatever happened to only setting up chairs that have been ordered by someone who plans to use them? I contracted with a service for 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for the summer for my vacation rental house. It is tagged with the name of the house so my renters can find them and use them.

deborsk - this may be one of the issues with all of the set-ups being unoccupied. Even though they may be purchased, there could be a high probability of renters not using them every day they are available. Would it be just as an effective promotion to have the renters contact the beach chair company when they want them set-up - at no charge?

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
The beach access we use seems to have a 50 foot open space or on either side of the space from stepping down into the sand to the water. The cabana boys stay left and right of that, which allows the rest of us to have that space that is easier to get to since some access has quite a few steps. This allows the cabana boys to go north and south as much as they want and allows the rest of us to have that designated east to west space. I think I'll post pictures this next visit. If there are a lot of beach access spaces in some areas then fewer cabana boy set ups. September! Ellen

Which beach access are you describing?

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
How about no beach set-ups until the customer physically occupies them and no set-ups allowed until after 9am. The rest of the problems should take care of themselves.

Great idea, but that just makes too much sense so it will never fly (insert sarcasm lol)

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
Good Idea, Mike. I will contact the vender again and see what he says. (but I tried that last year, and he told me that it is easier for them to do it daily)

Rachael Ashman McKee

Beach Lover
May 21, 2012
Seacrest
Where do the vendors get the money to pay their guys to put up chairs that are never paid for? If I worked for a beach vendor and put out a bunch of set ups that no one used, that would honk me off. All the effort for nothing. While it may be less expensive to rent by the week, factor in quick storms, sunburn and shopping and your 7 beach days are reduced to 4. Rent daily or even half days and only when they are physically there to occupy