• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jones8401

Beach Comber
May 9, 2006
I got married on the beach in May and used Emerald Beach Weddings. They were great, they organized everything for me. We rented a house on the beach and got married on the beach in front of it. Then we had dinner catered at the house. If you want something more simple just do an internet search for "beach wedding". There are a ton of planners who will do anything and everything. Good luck! We loved our beach wedding and would not have done it any other way!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I agree with the sunset on the beach wedding or the boat wedding. I saw a beach wedding under a temporary canopy in early May at Seacrest Beach (looked like a do-your-own-wedding) and it was lovely. There will be people watching you (like we watched the wedding from the beach access steps), but just think how happy you'll make people to watch you celebrate from afar. I believe the beaches below the high water mark are public for anyone to use anywhere, but keep in mind that the beach accesses are not and someone could technically annoy you at your wedding for using their access. I wouldn't and most people probably wouldn't but it would take just one person to put a damper on your plans.

I think the Seaside pavillions are private and "policed" and you might be chased off a pavillion during your ceremony, so I'd stay away from any of the seaside beach accesses or pavillions.

I'd find a public beach access (SoWallers -- what's the prettiest public access and beach associated with public access -- Grayton Beach?) and bring some temporary canopies. You could probably hire someone responsible in SoWal to do that for you for a reasonable price -- check the SoWaller board for services and then get some references.

What about Grayton Beach State Park? Are there pavillions there if needed? I know there are bathrooms, showers, and grills. It's only a fee of about $4.00/car and it's gorgeous, especially if it's a bit off season. Easy to get to also. You could contact Grayton Beach State Park (find them on the Internet) and ask them whether there have been weddings there before.

SoWallers, are there likely to be any nasty flies on the beach in September that could be annoying during the ceremony?

imasunbum

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2005
Which condo in Seacrest. The Villas of Seacrest Beach by chance? The green at Seacrest with the gorgeous pool and palm trees with lights would make a gorgeous backdrop. It is peaceful and beautiful in the evening with the sounds from the pool fountains. Just a thought.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Smiling JOe said:
Are you gonna get nekked on the beach and consumate the marriage?:popcorn:
:nono1: ....you planning on taking pics???:rotfl: :rotfl: JK.....I know you would not do that ;-)
PS...have a wonderful wedding...love every minute of it!!:love:

jml-jdh

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2006
Tennessee
WOW! Thanks to all your ideas! I would LOVE to NOT hire a wedding planner. The negotiated fee is $450 for the cememony, 25 photos, a bouquet and sand in a bottle. I know that this is a steal considering what most weddings cost, but for what we want, dragging a minister down to the beach and throwing a kid a camera and 50 bucks sounds even better! However, I just don't want to worry about doing all that running around. We don't live close so all my plans are being made online and on the phone. This is also our honeymoon and I want to spend lots of time consumating than planniing, as has been suggested! One day will be spent arranging last minute details and another day spent getting the wedding licence, nails done and fiance's back waxed...just kidding.:funn: But I am ready to roll with the punches, I love when funny things happen to serious events. Only a hurricane evac. can run me off!!!

jml-jdh

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2006
Tennessee
We are staying at the Mistral condos in Seacrest. Please just don't tell me if anyone knows anything bad about them, I've already sent the deposit.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
jml-jdh said:
We are staying at the Mistral condos in Seacrest. Please just don't tell me if anyone knows anything bad about them, I've already sent the deposit.
Nothing bad at all! You will have a great wedding and honey moon! Why don't you have the ceremony at the beach at Mistral?? If you need photographer. minister. etc let us know...just do it. Sounds very romantic, quiet, and peaceful time for you and soon to be hubby. Enjoy, don't be frustrated.

jml-jdh

Beach Comber
Jun 29, 2006
Tennessee
Actually, I am thinking of just having the ceremony in front of the Mistral condos. Then I could walk down all the stairs to the beach to my awaiting hubby to be, instead of riding together to another location. I just don't know what kind of privacy we'll have. I don't mind on-lookers, just don't want big granny and speedo-clad papaw in the background!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
jml-jdh said:
Actually, I am thinking of just having the ceremony in front of the Mistral condos. Then I could walk down all the stairs to the beach to my awaiting hubby to be, instead of riding together to another location. I just don't know what kind of privacy we'll have. I don't mind on-lookers, just don't want big granny and speedo-clad papaw in the background!

:rotfl: Aw, come on now, what's wrong with geriatrics?:rotfl: