• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Santa Rosa Pete

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2005
ATL & SRB
As a reasonably priced alternative, you might consider contacting the folks who operate the schooner Nathaniel Bowditch out of East Pass in Destin. For just under $1,000, you can charter the vessel for three hours around sunset and Captain Rex can officiate the ceremony (he's state-certified as an officiant). Fee includes his ministerial duties.

My daughter was married aboard the Nathaniel Bowditch two weeks ago with 22 family/friends aboard to share in the occasion. My wife and I also got married aboard the Bowditch back when it was the original Blackbeard. There's nothing quite like the romance of being on the sea ... at sunset ... with the ones you love the most.

Just a thought.

SRP

PS - If you're interested, I can PM you contact info for Capt. Rex.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
jml-jdh said:
I do want the wedding to be on the beach, but I wanted a pavilion near by in case of bad weather.
I was just in a beach wedding...she did it in Grayton with Emerald Coast wedding planners. Reception at 331 with the Red Bar jazz band. My little brother drove them away, but have Paradise Taxi do it.

Done. Planned your wedding. No fee.

It really was amazing. I suggest taking that route. I would!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I once was married on a Seaside pavilion, just the two of us our dogs, two witnesses and the licensed official, her daughter. We didn't even tell our parents, so we had no desire to call Seaside. :blush: We showed up, did the wedding and left without anyone else even around. However, that was in the winter. Sept may be another story. If I were you, I would look for one of the pavilions on the far end of Seaside. Typicarry, the end closer to WaterColor is less busy, but not all of the pavilions have been rebuilt. ;-) Wedding Fee? What wedding fee?

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
:welcome:

I agree with SJ. You are just wanting a back up in case it rains anyway. There won't be a bunch of people there so you won't need to reserve or set up the pavillon. I wouldn't feel the need to invite Seaside to the wedding. Have funn planning it and Happy Wedding!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If you live on the edge and chance it, you need to realize that people may be walking through the pavilion on the way to the beach. Go with the flow. Also, note that if the weather is bad enough to get off the beach, most of the pavilions will not provide much cover. You may as well run up to the Rolly Polly dining pavilion. Or, get in touch with the earth and let the rain fall on you during the ceremony. :love: You are at the beach with nature.

Tatertot

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2006
I got married on the beach in Destin three years ago and there's no fee if you just want the beach as a backdrop. I would assume it's that way almost anywhere along the coast (as long as you don't need a pavillion etc.). Especially if it's just the two of you...hire a minister and just meet somewhere down on the water then go eat at your favorite restaurant! You don't even need a wedding planner for that. And if weather is a concern for you, it sounds like you could be flexible on your ceremony time since it's just you two. If it's yucky that day, wait a few hours, or even a day if you can.
Last month I went to a wedding in Sandestin on the beach and they go married in the rain and it was BEAUTIFUL! The pics turned out great and the bride had no regrets! Just my 2 cents...

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Don't DO IT!!!!!!

I am so just kidding....sorta.

I hope you have a wonderful wedding no matter where you choose to do it. I say, grab an official, go down to the beach at sunset, say your I do's, chill on the beach while drinking a bottle of wine. Go back to your accomodations, have some FUNN.......and enjoy just being together.

There, done and done. ;-)

Happy Wedding!!!!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Are you gonna get nekked on the beach and consumate the marriage?:popcorn:

Riv-O knows all about that consumating on the beach, eh?

I have been there and done that myself....man, the sand it get's everywhere. ;-)

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I got an invitation to a wedding one time that opened with the line "Come watch _______ and _______ celebrate their love at the alter."

All kind of mental imagery attached to that one. :rotfl: