• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I really wish you had the guts to post your name. I have known Mike for years and he is one of the smartest, kindest , most caring person I know. If is never afraid to show his face on TV to give his opinion, never afraid to help the people in our community that are less fortunate than others. But most of all he is not ashamed to stand up for what he believes and not hide behind a fake name of fake LLC. Not sure why you havt to use a fake name and like others on this site most of you have more than one. You are are hiding in the dark afraid to come out. Speaks worlds about you.

Says the woman who posted under a variety of fake names for years.

Mike Huckabee is just as gross as your buddy Matt Gaetz.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I really wish you had the guts to post your name. I have known Mike for years and he is one of the smartest, kindest , most caring person I know. If is never afraid to show his face on TV to give his opinion, never afraid to help the people in our community that are less fortunate than others. But most of all he is not ashamed to stand up for what he believes and not hide behind a fake name of fake LLC. Not sure why you havt to use a fake name and like others on this site most of you have more than one. You are are hiding in the dark afraid to come out. Speaks worlds about you.
I'm worried about being sent to a bible camp to have my gender identity re-affirmed.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005

I don't doubt you like that he's suing the county. The rest of us are not so easily fooled.

He's a sheister who is in politics for the money and steals money from people in the name of religion. A founding member of the Tea Party and Fox talking head fooling people like you into thinking he's on your side. The worst sort of politician there is.

His $3mil home (built with campaign funds and church cons) was subject of a Reuters investigation, which reported that it lay on a severely eroding beach, where state regulations wouldn't have allowed him to build. However, permits were approved after he agreed to move the homesite back by 5 feet. As Reuters wrote, Huckabee and his neighbors have "been able to work around some of the most restrictive beach development laws in the country."

He accused Jay-Z of being Beyonce's pimp.

Huckabee really went off the rails when he decided to defend Josh Duggar after the news broke about Duggar’s teenage fondling of his little sisters and his molestation of an older girl. Duggar acknowledged wrongdoing and resigned from the anti-gay hate group the Family Research Council. Huckabee, who once compared Arkansas Times senior editor Max Brantley to Jeffrey Dahmer, attacked the “bloodthirsty press” for revealing Duggar’s history of sexual abuse, because, after all, Josh said he was sorry and look at what a good guy he’s become, promoting “family values” and going after heretical queers.

In 1996, when a retarded 15-year-old child became pregnant after she was raped by her stepfather, Huckabee violated federal law and refused to allow Medicaid to pay the $430 cost of an abortion for her. She did eventually get an abortion, thanks to private funds.

Mike and Janet Huckabee, coming from the parson tradition, believed they were due the many love offerings given them by their political backers. Like the $70,000 in furnishings for the Governor’s Mansion from Northeast Arkansas planter Boe Adams that they once claimed was theirs and not the Mansion’s.

Advised by the governor’s chief of staff that the $60,000 the legislature set aside to run the Mansion was the governor’s to use as he pleased, the Huckabees spent the money on personal items, including groceries, panty hose, dry cleaning for their jeans and buckets of Velveeta cheese.

Huckabee, in total, accepted 314 gifts. He did not have to provide the value for 187 gifts that came in during his first three years; his later gifts were worth more than $150,000, according to an Associated Press report.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
The closing is only about discouraging travel here and keeping all of us safer.

Let's see if we can actually discuss an issue without name calling and keep to facts and not personalities of the people.

Bob, do you believe that during the pandemic, the ONLY people that should be allowed in Walton County should be ONLY full time residents? No visitors, outside workers, no 2nd home owners (including non-beach home owners).

Do you think restricting some owners from using their back yard (limited to the ones that have deeded title that includes property boundaries from the dune/vegetation line to the MWH which the BCC defined as "Beach" in the 2016 ordinances), will make owners that are already at SRB leave? Do you think it will eliminate others (assuming they abide by travel restrictions and social distancing) to use their SRB home? Should a home owner that has a home NOT on the beach still be allowed to use it if they have a home somewhere else?

Let's leave out of the argument for now IF the BCC has the legal right to close private property to the home owner. Based on comments at the meeting, the BCC lawyer did not think the BCC had legal authority to close private property to owners and that it most likely would be challenged in court, which it did. This is not a case of closing private property to the general public but to the property owner. Base on the court filings it appears property owner's lawyers agreed with the county lawyer that the BCC may not have the legal authority (will see what the court says).

BTW, there were NO examples of where any home owner violated the gathering guidelines, but more of a impression that if home owners could ONLY use their front yard they would be discouraged from coming to SRB. There were several owners that spoke at the BCC meeting that were already in SRB. Should they be restricted from using their back yard if there were already there weeks before the vote?

Yesterday in Colorado, Matt Mooney was arrested in front of his 6 year old daughter at the park for playing Tball with her (he was released). There was no one else at the park other than his wife and 6 year old daughter. The parks were not closed and Matt did not violate the social distance guidelines (in this case was limited to groups smaller than 5 people). I guess the police thought their playing Tball might encourage others to gather?

Shouldn't the issue be if someone fully complies with mandated social gathering restrictions, even if they are at a park with their 6-year old or in their own back yard, and not based if someone does or does not like the person?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So one wrongful arrest should just end social distancing?

Don't you have some door handles to lick or something constructive?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I'm very happy there aren't a million people here from Atlanta running amok this week. Closing the beach is a big reason.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Let's see if we can actually discuss an issue without name calling and keep to facts and not personalities of the people.

Bob, do you believe that during the pandemic, the ONLY people that should be allowed in Walton County should be ONLY full time residents? No visitors, outside workers, no 2nd home owners (including non-beach home owners).

Do you think restricting some owners from using their back yard (limited to the ones that have deeded title that includes property boundaries from the dune/vegetation line to the MWH which the BCC defined as "Beach" in the 2016 ordinances), will make owners that are already at SRB leave? Do you think it will eliminate others (assuming they abide by travel restrictions and social distancing) to use their SRB home? Should a home owner that has a home NOT on the beach still be allowed to use it if they have a home somewhere else?

Let's leave out of the argument for now IF the BCC has the legal right to close private property to the home owner. Based on comments at the meeting, the BCC lawyer did not think the BCC had legal authority to close private property to owners and that it most likely would be challenged in court, which it did. This is not a case of closing private property to the general public but to the property owner. Base on the court filings it appears property owner's lawyers agreed with the county lawyer that the BCC may not have the legal authority (will see what the court says).

BTW, there were NO examples of where any home owner violated the gathering guidelines, but more of a impression that if home owners could ONLY use their front yard they would be discouraged from coming to SRB. There were several owners that spoke at the BCC meeting that were already in SRB. Should they be restricted from using their back yard if there were already there weeks before the vote?

Yesterday in Colorado, Matt Mooney was arrested in front of his 6 year old daughter at the park for playing Tball with her (he was released). There was no one else at the park other than his wife and 6 year old daughter. The parks were not closed and Matt did not violate the social distance guidelines (in this case was limited to groups smaller than 5 people). I guess the police thought their playing Tball might encourage others to gather?

Shouldn't the issue be if someone fully complies with mandated social gathering restrictions, even if they are at a park with their 6-year old or in their own back yard, and not based if someone does or does not like the person?
There were others in the park and he was released after 15 to 20 minutes with an apology. It does not make what happened right, but It does demonstrate the difficulty we and local governments are facing for lack of a single national policy.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If my backyard was a place that out-of-town visitors flocked to, thereby bringing us their cooties, and such visitors being seen in my backyard causes visitors who visit the public beach to complain to our already over-worked sheriff's deputies and beach enforcement...Yes, I would agree for it to be closed, for the common good of the community.

I wish our ordinance was amended to read like Bay County's, where the beachfront owner themselves can use the beach behind their homes, but they have to prove their name in on the deed. And then it is only them...not adult children, not their mother, not any other relatives, and certainly no renters.
I think that would be the best way to do it also. Because I bet 75% or more of the beachfront homes are listed in LLCs and "trusts". You can tell that by the names of the BFOs in the CU lawsuit.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
I think that would be the best way to do it also. Because I bet 75% or more of the beachfront homes are listed in LLCs and "trusts". You can tell that by the names of the BFOs in the CU lawsuit.

While one might wonder about you, based on many of your comments, this one re LLC's and "trusts" removes all doubt. Are you a charter member of the know nothings, or do you simply have nothing useful to do with your time? Pray tell us why how land is titled bears on this discussion.

And for those rhetorically stoning Mike Huckabee, I've known him for >20 years, and he is the very admirable human being Suzanne says he is. If all our pols, indeed, all our citizens, were like Mike, we'd have a much better world.