• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I had to cut out early, but I can only say "wow".

we were there for Dread and I can only say "wow". the concert was great, and the turn out was over the top. so neat to be out enjoying music, sitting on a blanket, watching the kids play and dance, and sharing our dream for a new tomorrow with many friends.

a great day. I saw some incredible signs too!:love:

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
It was a truly amazing day, beautiful in all ways, including the weather. What a wonderful turnout & incredible event!

We had to cut out early, too, as little man was losing his mind. We omly get to see about 15 min. of Dread Clampitt.

I now have a daughter who wants to become a tattoo artist.:blink: BTW, all donations to the mini-tattoo artists went to the campaign!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
"Wow" doesn't quite describe it. What an amazing day. I think everyone was confident that the Bash would be a success, but I think it surpassed everyone's expectations in a really big way! The amphitheater at Seaside was filled with people enjoying the great music, beautiful weather, and the positive messages. So many Democrats with huge smiles on their faces!:clap:

Some highlights were fantastic MCing by Kevin Boyle of the Seaside Rep, watching Mango and Goofer bidding on art signs, listening to Steeling1 rock it with Alice Bergeron and Marc Harris, speeches by several Veterans for Obama (I don't have their names right here), a rousing speech by Matthew Christ (future POTUS, and we can say we knew him when), great banners hanging off Sundog's, Bud & Alley's, and Raw & Juicy (Punz can paint a mean donkey), and seeing SO many friends, aquaintances, old and young people, tourists- WHAT A DAY!!!

I am not good at estimating crowds- but the 2 pm estimate was around 500, and peak was possibly double that.

I have ton of pictures to upload, and lots of people took pictures so I am sure we will be seeing lots soon!

Last edited:

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
:doh:

I completely missed out on this event! Didn't know what it was until now. Saw some signs out and about but didn't connect the dots...

I guess that is what I get spending way too much time in the Politics forum and not enough here in the Lounge-

Special request-

Is it possible to double post Obama events and happenings (Lounge and Politics)???

So bummed I missed this!

G

greenroomsurfer

Beach Fanatic
Nov 24, 2006
Where Free Speech Is Allowed
It was a truly amazing day, beautiful in all ways, including the weather. What a wonderful turnout & incredible event!

We had to cut out early, too, as little man was losing his mind. We omly get to see about 15 min. of Dread Clampitt.

I now have a daughter who wants to become a tattoo artist.:blink: BTW, all donations to the mini-tattoo artists went to the campaign!
Little man was losing it cuz ya took the skateboard away from him.:angry:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Didn't it make you feel wonderful to see such a happy, positive, and diverse group of people in this area? I know sometimes I feel like our events are pretty homogenous. It was also wonderful to see so many people from NoWal down here for a political cause...

I :D this event. Hats off to John R. We should do these every year!

Oh, and the t-shirts sold out around noon....but they are ordering more. Let DemoLady know you want one!

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
Everyone who attended the Bash are participants in great history in the making. I don't mean to be corny or hyperbolic but that is how I personally feel. No matter how small our involvement, we are eyewitnesses to history. Today was uplifting and made me so proud to be an American.

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
What a great event! I was there from 10am to 7:30pm as one of the volunteers. It was a priviledge for me to mix the sound for a bunch of killer artists and guest speakers. And Kevin, great job at the MC mic! I enjoyed it immensely. What a positive sensation to experience.

The event organizers did a wonderful job. All of you deserve a huge pat on the back for your efforts. I wanted to meet all of you, but my presence was required at the mixing console all day. Perhaps another day.

My personal thanks go to John R. (sorry if the sound was a little loud at times...old R&R guy at heart), Fritz, and Joey. There were only a few problems with some broken wires, but calmer heads prevailed and all ended well. Let's do it again some time.