• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KATRINA

Beach Comber
Dec 28, 2007
Re: Owner's Reply- Appaling experience at Bogies

That was my first post . . . sorry for the objective input. Let the feeding frenzy continue.

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
I agree. Obviously the guy is running his business tonight and cannot respond. Do you have a personal vendetta here Beach House? Sure seems like it with post after post of the same crap.

Geez Josh... Not really.. Just seems he took the time to post that answer and seems it really rubbed me wrong.

Yeah your right I really went off on this.. Dunno maybe in a past life I met that guy.. Oh well may I apologize to any and all for posting my feelings and thoughts on this thread that to some were over done. I feel really bad now... Geezz I might have really kept someone from going there and having their own experience. Your right Josh.. I was way outa line here.. (Bow)

(I am going into the corner now and take my timeout!) *Sigh*:bang:

msheppard13

Beach Crab
Dec 5, 2007
Miami/Atlanta/Houston
Wow, you all are tough. I've been lurking here for quite some time. We just got back from a trip to SoWal yesterday, as a matter of fact.

I work somewhere up the food services distribution chain and I've known my share of restaurant folks and owners. You guys are slamming this guy way too hard. I have never heard of his restaurant; nor have I eaten there. And I'm not saying the original poster is wrong. For all I know this guy is a tool.

But it isn't easy to run a restaurant these days. Obviously this guy is working hard, he's short-handed, its the slower season, and trust me when I say much of his food costs are going up while competition is forcing him to keep his prices lower. For all we know it may be a struggle some weeks to make payroll.

Again, I'm making a lot of assumptions, but it is obviously that he takes his work very personally and that probably came out as very defensive -- as he himself admitted at the start of his post. Give him another chance to reply without flaming him. Maybe he'll do a little more 'groveling' which is what most of you seem to want anyway. And frankly, pointing out that this thread is #3 on a google search is probably heartbreaking to a local business owner.

Most of you are usually so uber-supportive of local businesses that I was surprised to see this thread take such an ugly turn.

Enough of my blabbering.

Mark

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
Wow, you all are tough. I've been lurking here for quite some time. We just got back from a trip to SoWal yesterday, as a matter of fact.

I work somewhere up the food services distribution chain and I've known my share of restaurant folks and owners. You guys are slamming this guy way too hard. I have never heard of his restaurant; nor have I eaten there. And I'm not saying the original poster is wrong. For all I know this guy is a tool.

But it isn't easy to run a restaurant these days. Obviously this guy is working hard, he's short-handed, its the slower season, and trust me when I say much of his food costs are going up while competition is forcing him to keep his prices lower. For all we know it may be a struggle some weeks to make payroll.

Again, I'm making a lot of assumptions, but it is obviously that he takes his work very personally and that probably came out as very defensive -- as he himself admitted at the start of his post. Give him another chance to reply without flaming him. Maybe he'll do a little more 'groveling' which is what most of you seem to want anyway. And frankly, pointing out that this thread is #3 on a google search is probably heartbreaking to a local business owner.

Most of you are usually so uber-supportive of local businesses that I was surprised to see this thread take such an ugly turn.

Enough of my blabbering.

Mark

I have to agree with MSheppard13 ... :welcome: BTW!

As I was reading the response from the chef/owner, my stomach dropped for him as the response was totally inappropriate and unprofessional. It was brutally obvious to me his talents must lie in the kitchen, not in front of the house operations (and hence, customer service) but I give him credit for taking the time to respond. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and I will assume his intention was to smooth things out - the delivery was obviously off the mark :shock: but the response here has been disproportionate to the issue at hand IMO. Give the guy a rope at least to try to save himself!

For what it's worth, my motto is "your business is only as good as your people" and I would suggest Bogies invest in hiring a capable and competent Maitre d' or dining room manager so that the chef/owner can avoid having to do "damage control" which is not his forte and focus on what he does best. If it is a "fine dining restaurant", you NEED someone to orchestrate seating so that the kitchen doesn't get slammed if you only have a few cooks, to accomodate diners if there is a wait and to skillfully handle unsastified customers.

Added comment: I don't know the chef/owner and have never eaten at Bogie's myself or even know anyone that has.

Last edited:

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I feel that this thread should continue. The more I think about Mr. Harding's response, the more PO'd I get. Obviously when someone like Tim Creehan or Colleen Coffield walks in, they will get superior service. The customer service and quality that was shown to Tim and Colleen should be what every customer receives. Sucking up to the so called "royalty" is just wrong. IMO, everyone is a VIP. The postings in this thread haven't been hard enough. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. As far as I'm concerned, splash one Bogey.

msheppard13

Beach Crab
Dec 5, 2007
Miami/Atlanta/Houston
I feel that this thread should continue. The more I think about Mr. Harding's response, the more PO'd I get...The postings in this thread haven't been hard enough. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. As far as I'm concerned, splash one Bogey.

I disagree. Everyone has made their point. Give the man a chance to respond. If this witch hunt continues you're not only hurting his business, but the jobs of everyone that works there. Let him respond to the complaints and try to make changes in his workplace to promote better customer service.

Mark

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I disagree. Everyone has made their point. Give the man a chance to respond. If this witch hunt continues you're not only hurting his business, but the jobs of everyone that works there. Let him respond to the complaints and try to make changes in his workplace to promote better customer service.

Mark

Just a guess but the bleeding would probably stop if he would just come on here and say he was sorry. I think he has had more than enough time to respond;his essay was posted withing half a day of Cork's post. It speaks volumes that so much effort was put into composing a short story defending his establishment and burning bridges while none is being given to modest contrition.

And another thought...I wonder if Creehan would tolerate such hostile behavior from one of his managers? My guess is that they would be canned on the spot.

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
"I disagree. Everyone has made their point. Give the man a chance to respond. If this witch hunt continues you're not only hurting his business, but the jobs of everyone that works there. Let him respond to the complaints and try to make changes in his workplace to promote better customer service."

Mark, Please read the beginning of the thread AGAIN.....

All of this is DO TO HIS RESPONSE. It was very pathetic and insinuated that the customer was the issue! Whether Cork was right or wrong doesn't matter. The owner should have been, could have been diplomatic, polite and apologetic. Instead he toots his own horn and slams the consumer WHO pays good earned money for GREAT service.

I say let those who want to slam him continue.....HE brought this on himself and his establishment. A little humility on his part initially would have ended this a long time ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.