• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Word out of Knoxville is that the leading candidate for the UT coaching job is Brian Kelly of Cincinnati. Cincinnati has a 8-2 record this year and I think won 10 games last season. As long as he can recruit and do something with our offense and hire good assistant coaches and coordinators he will work. I'd settle for 8-2 right now.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
CBS reports Lane Kiffin in the 2 million+ range with "possible" assistants Monty Kiffin (dad and DC for Tampa Bay) and Ed Ogeron (former OC at Southern Cal and Ole Miss Coach). We will see if he can land the ssistants.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
CBS reports Lane Kiffin in the 2 million+ range with "possible" assistants Monty Kiffin (dad and DC for Tampa Bay) and Ed Ogeron (former OC at Southern Cal and Ole Miss Coach). We will see if he can land the ssistants.

Coach Orgeron was defensive line coach at Southern Cal, I hope if he is going to TN he is staying with defense.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
I don't think this is speaking too well of Tennessee to hire someone with a worse record than Fulmer. Lane Kiffin had a 5-15 record at the Oakland Raiders. That is way worse.

Tennessee seems to like to hire losers apparently as in the case of Fulmer hiring the offensive coordinator from Florida that Urban Meyer fired. What makes Tennessee think this coach is going to do any better in college coaching??? :dunno:

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I don't think this is speaking too well of Tennessee to hire someone with a worse record than Fulmer. Lane Kiffin had a 5-15 record at the Oakland Raiders. That is way worse.

Tennessee seems to like to hire losers apparently as in the case of Fulmer hiring the offensive coordinator from Florida that Urban Meyer fired. What makes Tennessee think this coach is going to do any better in college coaching??? :dunno:

Because he was a very successful OC at Southern Cal. Other coaches have gone from college to Pro and not been successful, Spurrier being one example, so I think we can give him a chance before deciding what type of head college coach he will be.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Coach Orgeron was defensive line coach at Southern Cal, I hope if he is going to TN he is staying with defense.

Thanks for the catch. I guess it was the "Thanksgiving turkey" talking. I mistyped Kiffin's USC background for Orgeron...

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
I felt so bad for Fulmer after the game. It was very emotional for him and the players. Crompton gave him the game ball. He had tears on his cheeks. The players doused him with gatorade twice. And then carried him across the field.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Stan Drayton was the running backs coach last year at UF and took the same job at UT this year. He hasn't worked out well at UT either. In his place UF hired Kenny Carter, who was the RB coach at Vandy, and this year UF is leading the SEC in rushing, and has rushed for over 300 yards in each of the last 3 games.

Fulmer and Cutcliffe are not losers. Fulmer has won about 75% of his games, 2 SEC titles, and a national title. There are not many coaches available who can top that.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Stan Drayton was the running backs coach last year at UF and took the same job at UT this year. He hasn't worked out well at UT either. In his place UF hired Kenny Carter, who was the RB coach at Vandy, and this year UF is leading the SEC in rushing, and has rushed for over 300 yards in each of the last 3 games.

Fulmer and Cutcliffe are not losers. Fulmer has won about 75% of his games, 2 SEC titles, and a national title. There are not many coaches available who can top that.

I am not saying Fulmer is a loser. But hiring Stan Drayton who didn't do well for Florida either doesn't speak well. Granted Fulmer had winning records 15 of 17 seasons, if I have my figures correct. Not sure about that. But I would not hire someone who performed poorly at another school like Drayton did. Why would he do better at Tennessee if he did bad at Florida???