• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Mrs McQuiston is not representing the WCTA on this committee.

Thanks for that information, Bob. Wayne Bodie also described himself as "a retiree" and not representing any company. At the Jan. 5 meeting, the committee did not make any decision on a recommendation. They did decide to hold not just one but two public workshops, one south of the bay and one north of the bay. The second one is scheduled for 4 p.m. on Jan. 12 at the Walton County Courthouse in DeFuniak Springs. They are expected to make a decision on a recommendation at the end of that workshop.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I understand a motion was made to recommend the sales tax by Grantham and seconded by Sheriff Adkinson which did not pass. Committee members requested that they be given additional information, specifically the results from the phone survey paid for by the Chamber.

I understand that they also requested that a public hearing be held north of the bay which was not in the plan proposed by MS Moliterno.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Why is the TDC spearheading this, and running these meetings? The BCC put Dawn Moliterno in charge of this?

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
What I observed was that the motion to recommend a voter referendum on the sales tax was withdrawn after some discussion. Also the idea for the second public workshop was put forth and decided on by the committee members. It had not been planned previously. Ms. Moliterno served as facilitator for the meeting rather than a member of the committee.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Was there a reason given for the withdrawal or what was the discussion that led to the withdrawal?