• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Based on the logic put forward on this thread, I think an investigation needs to be started into anyone who had heard anything about our old friend Coach Cozzie between 2002 and 2007. Based on the following thread, that's a lot of people.

http://sowal.com/bb/showthread.php/12815-SoWal-High-School-Coach-Arrested-for-Sex-Abuse

A lot of people on this forum apparently had been hearing rumors about this guy for years, yet did nothing. Some of them probably did report it, but because the people in charge did not do more, the people who reported it should be fired and thrown in jail for life because of the scum they are.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Based on the logic put forward on this thread, I think an investigation needs to be started into anyone who had heard anything about our old friend Coach Cozzie between 2002 and 2007. Based on the following thread, that's a lot of people.

http://sowal.com/bb/showthread.php/12815-SoWal-High-School-Coach-Arrested-for-Sex-Abuse

A lot of people on this forum apparently had been hearing rumors about this guy for years, yet did nothing. Some of them probably did report it, but because the people in charge did not do more, the people who reported it should be fired and thrown in jail for life because of the scum they are.

Please take a chill pill.

:chill:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
And you will note in that thread that people were outraged and wanted to know why action wasn't taken sooner - especially if adults had been hearing rumors for years.

The reason he was investigated and arrested was because he was reported to Child Services and the police.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
This whole scandal outrages me! I have grown up watching Joe Paterno coach football. I had great respect for him as a coach and person. Now, I am just totally disgusted with him. I don't care what anyone says, this man should have called the police when he was told what was witnessed by the GA. Why in the world the GA didn't call the police is beyond me. Following "protocol" and reporting it his superiors did nothing to help the poor child. OMG, all these people that knew what was happening and did NOTHING should be put away for the rest of their lives. Paterno's whole legacy washed down the toilet because innocent children were molested and he knew about it, and all he did was tell his superiors. So sick. It brings me to tears thinking about these poor children and what they have gone through. I don't give a SH*T about any of these adults. I know that I would have been the one sitting in jail if I had witnessed this act because that SOB would have never, ever had the chance to do what he did to another child. I would have made sure of that.

It is a tragedy that Joe Pa's life at Penn State ended like this. But it is also a tragedy that children were raped and that went on for years. So I agree with you KDW.

Did you know that the perp actually had some of those kids from his charity became his foster children (according to ESPN)? Gross.

They were talking on ESPN yesterday about why Paterno got fired, yet McQuery didn't (yes, I know he is on paid admininstrative leave). A lawyer speculated that it's because McQuery is the eye witness so he might have bargained with the authorities. I dunno.

EDIT: Check out this article. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-s-troubling-attitude-toward-sex-charges.html. Basically it says that Paterno has a history of minimizing sex charges and gives specific examples.

Last edited:

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Because of the inconsistencies of what the various people involved said, we have no way of knowing at this point what Joe Paterno knew. You can act like he should have told more people, but you have no idea if he even knew what had happened. The grand jury testimony says that McQueary told Paterno that he witnessed Sandusky fondling a child in the locker room. Ok, so was he patting the kid on the head, or raping him? Paterno has no way of knowing. And then, a few weeks later when the AD and that VP guy call McQueary into a meeting, only then does McQueary go into detail about he actually witnessed. The report specifically says Joe Paterno was not at that meeting.

So based on the facts of what the testimony says, we only know that the AD, VP, and McQueary knew what had happened and did nothing about it. So for all Joe Paterno knew, Sandusky was patting kids on the back and then the University told him not to bring kids on campus anymore. That just doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
He was the Coach, FTLOG, he had an obligation to check it out...if his grad. assistant was concerned enough to tell him anything...as the Coach he was obligated to make sure there was no harm being done to anyone. There is no excusing him or any of the rest of them...especially the eye witness who did not have the courage to follow through when he saw that Coach was not doing anything about it.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Penn State lets victims down again

Statement by one of the victim's lawyers:

“The board of trustees got it wrong. They should have consulted the victims before making a decision on Mr. Paterno,” Ben Andreozzi said. “They should have considered these victims watch TV and are aware of the students’ reaction and may not want to be associated with the downfall of Mr. Paterno. The school instead elected to do what it felt was in its own best interest at the time. Isn’t that what put the school in this position in the first place?”
“The way the Board reached its decision raises more concerns than the decision itself. There is no indication the Board considered the impact of the decision on the abuse victims,” Andreozzi continued. “The school let the victims down once, and I think they owed it to the victims to at least gauge how the immediate termination decision would impact them as opposed to Mr. Paterno’s resignation at the end of the year. These victims do not live in a bubble.
“They see the students reaction to the termination, and to think this does not weigh on their minds would be naive.”

Can't Penn State stop focusing on public relations for 5 minutes and maybe consider the impact they are having on these victims? Sitting here in Bloomington Indiana right now, I can't help but think about the fact that the student who infamously got into an "argument" with Bob Knight, which led to Bob Knight getting fired. That kid was a life-long IU supporter and after that incident he had to leave only a week into his freshman year. Had the school not fired Bob Knight, that kid could have enjoyed his four years as a student at the university he wanted to attend his entire life.

Obviously the crime involved in this situation is much more serious, but the coach is not the one who committed it. Think about it, as bad of a life those victims have had, it's only going to be made worse because of the decision made by the university.

Last edited by a moderator:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Get real.

Fondling does not mean "patting on the head" and obviously "patting a child on the head" is not something someone would be so concerned about they have to have a special meeting with their boss about it. :roll:

There is simply no excusing the repeated blind eyes and inaction of people involved - no matter how many football games they may have won.

A massive priority change is needed if winning football games is more important than protecting little kids from sexual predators.

Last edited:

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
Joe Paterno will suffer in shame until the day he dies at a time in his life when he was expecting to live out his final years reveling in glory. Serves him right. He has lost it all, and is now a broken man. This article details all of the writing that was on the wall for years in the abusive kingdom known as Penn State.

Scott Audette / Reuters
"Joe (Paterno) is perceived to be a father figure or grandfather figure, and that's a very hard thing for people to get to that realization, that your dad is bad," former Penn State assistant coach Matt Paknis says.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45283472/ns/sports-college_football/page/2/

Last edited: