• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
yippie said:
Satellite is less expensive and you get the local Panama City and Dothan stations.

Dish network or DirectTV. I pay $39.00 per month and the equipment was free.
We have Directv and have been refused local channels but this doesn't sound like the case with you. Are you in Walton?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I think Directv doesn't really know what to do in the Santa Rosa/Okaloosa/Walton county areas because no single Nielsen market directly claims the area. I'm on the Okaloosa side of the county line by about a mile, and our designated satellite local channels are Mobile/Pensacola. (never mind that PC has two channels that actually cover the area in terms of local news while Mobile/Pensacola only has the unfortunate WEAR)

And since the actual local news we get on my area is scarce, I'm glad we're still somehow grandfathered in under the national signals/distant viewers clause from back in the day. I like that the New York City ABC station actually shows Nightline in its intended timeslot and Good Day LA is the funniest morning show out there.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Franny said:
We have Directv and have been refused local channels but this doesn't sound like the case with you. Are you in Walton?
Direct TV had an ad stating that local channels are included, so you may be able to get your money back if you want.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Dish Network added local channels about a year ago. It's a small additional fee, and it requires a larger dish. We get all the Panama City stations and WTVY from Dothan.

I've heard that DirecTV hasn't started local channels yet, but soon will be.