• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Actually if you had read my comments earlier you would see I am all for Remove it or Lose it. Never did I say I was not.

I have been coming to this area for 35 years, so I know what it means to care about the area. Being a property owner does not make one the only ones who care.

Your goal of beautiful peaceful beaches is not unreasonable at all and I totally support the effort.

My comment simply meant that sometimes the message is received better by not forcing it on someone but simply state it kindly and move on.

We are in total agreement about the situation, I guess just not in agreement about how to express it.

And I never said anyone had to be a property owner to care about this issue. I have seen plenty of visitors who care as much as we do, out in the heat picking up junk, and I thank them for their "angst".

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
And I never said anyone had to be a property owner to care about this issue. I have seen plenty of visitors who care as much as we do, out in the heat picking up junk, and I thank them for their "angst".

You are correct, you didn't and I truly did not mean that to sound as you personally had.

And I am glad our efforts as a long time visitor are appreciated by those lucky enough to live here full time, I have contributed my share of helping to clean up after others.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Wait , wait ,wait a minute. This has been an interesting discussion. I happen to agree with those who espouse the "leave it like you found it" position. But this is a forum -- where ideas (even ones with which you may disagree) are discussed. No need to talk down to those who have a different opinion. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Shouldn't this be a place where we are allowed to express any point of view -- even an unpopular one.

You dont have to call people trolls just because they dont agree with you.

Can't we all disagree without being disagreeable?

I'm calling them trolls because they came on stated a point and when the responses were not favorable we suddenly had brand new members supporting them out of no where. I'm not saying that they are the same person, but it is very suspect and an old troll trick. Now we suddenly have a "doctor" who apparently doesn't mind malpractice stating that canopies are better than sunscreen. I'm all for a well thought out rebuttal and debate, but when you just start creating multiple screennames to show support for yourself it's in the troll realm at that point.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I have been following this thread for a while and feel I must comment to the people saying a canopy does not provide the best sun protection. Have you not seen the latest information about sunscreens? As a medical professional, a doctor of climatology, an environmental scientist, and beach goer using a canopy, I can unequivically state that a solid canopy is the best protection against the sun.
By all means, use it. Just be sure you put it up in the morning and take it down at night. At least that is what we would like to see if you come to Blue Mountain Beach.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
By all means, use it. Just be sure you put it up in the morning and take it down at night. At least that is what we would like to see if you come to Blue Mountain Beach.

I'd like to see Dr. Noisewater's credentials first. I'm thinking he is of the Phil, Suess, and Schoells variety.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I'm calling them trolls because they came on stated a point and when the responses were not favorable we suddenly had brand new members supporting them out of no where. I'm not saying that they are the same person, but it is very suspect and an old troll trick. Now we suddenly have a "doctor" who apparently doesn't mind malpractice stating that canopies are better than sunscreen. I'm all for a well thought out rebuttal and debate, but when you just start creating multiple screennames to show support for yourself it's in the troll realm at that point.

ditto what he said.:wave:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
You are not fussy- you are wonderful. Please visit as often as you are able!:love:

I am starting to think that the person that started this thread is keeping up his argument for sport. If, after all the great reasons given for removing all items on the beach at dark, he still thinks he has a right to leave his junk in the sand, then he beyond redemption, as another poster put it! Or now just baiting the majority who think his actions are wrong.
The person that started this thread has come back and said that they would rent a umbrello and 2 chairs.

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
Not me. I take only what I can carry in two hands/arms. Chair, SMALL unbrella, SMALL cooler, beach bag containing book, SUNSCREEN, cigs (yes, I pick up every stinkin' butt). If I need more liquor, that's why I bring kids...to fetch it for me.
i like the way you think:rotfl: