• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Have Alltel, live on 30a and never had any trouble with calls being dropped.Wife walks beach all the time and never complaned.

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
I live near Basmati and I used to have horrible service from Verizon, but it has been noticeably better for the last 8 months. I even use an air card for internet now the only spot I don't get great reception is ion the beach in Grayton, which is fine with me.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Have Alltel, live on 30a and never had any trouble with calls being dropped.Wife walks beach all the time and never complaned.

agreed. we've used Alltel for years and its been perfectly wonderful all over our area and anywhere we may travel. Verizon users typically have a hard time in our area, but you would think that would improve since they now own Alltel - hasn't happened as of yet.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I switched to Verizon from Allhell and there was a HUGE improvement in reception & customer service, but there are still a couple fuzzy spots.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
i've been traveling to 30-a for 10 years plus and verizon is the bits on the south side of 30-1. its never worked once on the beach area. driving up and down 30-a its ok but not great. my take is that at@t and sprint work on the beaches and all around 30-a?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
i've been traveling to 30-a for 10 years plus and verizon is the bits on the south side of 30-1. its never worked once on the beach area. driving up and down 30-a its ok but not great. my take is that at@t and sprint work on the beaches and all around 30-a?

Where are you traveling from? I would bet if you got a reliable and good customer service rep on the phone at Verizon they would tell you to turn the phone off once you arrive in sowal and wait 30 seconds, then power the phone back on. You'd be amazed at the difference. Also phones are like little computers, they give you problems reboot them. Happy celling.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
i stay at one seagrove or beachcrest. its never worked once from the balcony to the beach with verizon.i see the beach chair guys with cell phones all the time on the beach so somebody works on the beach. also up and down 30-a the service has always been spotty