• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Neosporin on the cat or them after they try to pick it up?Don't pick the cat up, if it is wild it is going to hurt you. Wild animals don't know that you are trying to help them. They simply understand pain and to get away from it.

If it's sick, throw a towel over it, and catch it. Use gloves. Or wait for ECW to show up. They'll throw a towel over it and catch it!

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Cats are tough. They have been healing abscesses on their own for a long time. The odds are good it will be fine!

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Again -- thank you, thank you for everyone's help! We've been calling all kinds of folks but looks like he will be on his own! Whiskers number does not work, Emerald Coast Wildlife only handles other kinds of wild animals. We will keep an eye on him and just keep giving him love. Hopefully as NotDeadYet says, he will heal up on his own!

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Again -- thank you, thank you for everyone's help! We've been calling all kinds of folks but looks like he will be on his own! Whiskers number does not work, Emerald Coast Wildlife only handles other kinds of wild animals. We will keep an eye on him and just keep giving him love. Hopefully as NotDeadYet says, he will heal up on his own!

That's sad, I've had to bury a few. Some I've been able to catch before hand, and a vet would put them down to end their misery.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
one last idea: ask the vet you talked to about amoxycillin (sp??). the last time we had a sick kitty, the prescription was the people version, which we got at the pharmacy for $4. it was liquid and we easily mixed it into some food. it's worth a try! our son rescued a seaside cat a bit over a year ago, and she is adorable - wish that could be the outcome for all of them!

Can we really just pick up Amoxycillin at the Pharmacy without a prescription?

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
i'm not sure if it is one of those you can sign for or not. i bet you can call and find out - maybe publix at grand boulevard? wish i could come and help you! i have some great catnip that i dried from my garden thatcwould really fix him up!

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Some Grayt news! Gretchen (sp?) from Bud & Alleys is the hero of the day. She had actually noticed the cats problem days ago and had contacted some peeps already about it. Though, evidently no one had made it out to see him yet. She was brave enough to grab him up and give him some much needed medicine. It was awesome! She is awesome! The coolest part is that he came right back to her for treats --- obviously he was graytful for help! We will all continue to keep a watchful eye on him .... we love stories like this :clap:

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
oh gosh - that is wonderful!! i will be sure to bring him some catnip when i get back to sowal, and will look you all up so i can check on him. i'm so glad he has his own angels to take care of him!! :clap:

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
BeachAngel ~

Rumor is spreading fast ... about your fresh dried catnip ...

2 more of the Seaside Cats got word of it .... they wanted to know if they could get in on the catnip action too! :D

Cali1.jpg

Sox1.jpg

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
:clap::clap::clap:

:love: to all those that took the time to care.