• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
T-Mobile: In general, near an interstate highway I can count on a good signal except that I always lose my signal on I-85 between mile markers 68 and 66. I also don't get a signal in some parts of Newnan, GA, even within a mile of I-85. On the trip down to Seagrove I get no signal between Troy and DeFuniak Springs. From there on I get a good reception except that I don't get a signal in most of Seaside.

Verizon: Except for a few spots in South Alabama, we get a good signal.

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
For years, it was Alltel, some seem to still think so. I use Nextel and have very good luck on 30-A.

Sandestin is a mystery. ALL cell phone have a dead zone there. It has been rumored that Sandestin does something to cause this, but I can't imagine what. It IS strange, though, that all calls get dropped in that general area.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
yippie said:
For years, it was Alltel, some seem to still think so. I use Nextel and have very good luck on 30-A.

Sandestin is a mystery. ALL cell phone have a dead zone there. It has been rumored that Sandestin does something to cause this, but I can't imagine what. It IS strange, though, that all calls get dropped in that general area.
My Alltel works fine in Sandestin.

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Cingular here, represent. No real complaints. It's variable in the house, about 100 feet from 30a, but I always manage to get a few bars. On 30a and the beach I have no troubles at all. And the only dead spots on the way down are on some of the boonie 2-laners.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
PEARL said:
I have Verizon, and get NO signal along 30-A, spotty up to 98. My phone's only a year old, but not an expensive one. Does the phone make that much difference?

Making sure you have the most current software upgrades in your phone can make a BIG differrence!! Check with your carrier to see how you do this....usually it is done "over the air" which means you can just do it from your phone yourself. The carriers are constantly making changes that can positively impact your service but if you don't have the upgrades it can't help you. I use Verizon and it has improved SIGNIFICANTLY over the past couple of years (main use is 30-A).....sounds like you may need software upgrade or new phone.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
katie blue said:
It's variable in the house, about 100 feet from 30a, but I always manage to get a few bars.
:rotfl: Reading way too fast here--what I read was that you always manage to get cell phone reception in the bars!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
peapod1980 said:
:rotfl: Reading way too fast here--what I read was that you always manage to get cell phone reception in the bars!

Peapod, it is very important to have cell phone reception in bars. :D What if I went to a bar and wanted to call you? We may need our phones to work this summer! :lol:

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
jdarg said:
Peapod, it is very important to have cell phone reception in bars. :D What if I went to a bar and wanted to call you? We may need our phones to work this summer! :lol:
Don't worry, I'll make sure you can find me--promise!