• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Looking good BUT March 1st (as I understand was promised to owners ) looks doubtful.un happy spring breakers.

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
My mother in law was in Seaside yesterday and says there is some new construction going on beachside, she thought it was condos but I'm betting it was a house on that last lot just west of the pizza place. They haven't started construction yet on any of those proposed buildings in the new downtown plan have they?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
My mother in law was in Seaside yesterday and says there is some new construction going on beachside, she thought it was condos but I'm betting it was a house on that last lot just west of the pizza place. They haven't started construction yet on any of those proposed buildings in the new downtown plan have they?

Not condos and not on the lot you mention - might be one lot off Gulf front or remodeling on an existing house.

It looks like hell in Seaside. I'd be disappointed if I were visiting there during my first vacation to the 30A area. However, the large groups of kids won't care. They're just interested in showing off their bodies (regardless of weather) and scoring drugs and alcohol (which is really easy to do in Seaside due to it being the mecca for kids on spring break).

We love living in the 30A area. We just avoid Seaside (and leaving our neighborhood) during spring break and in the summer. Motivates me to buy healthy food and cook at home which I'm too lazy to do in the off-season.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Is that standing water next to the stage? I thought the major impetus for the project was to solve the drainage issue?

Yes - it rained very hard yesterday morning right before I took that. When everything is finished it is supposed to eliminate most or all of that. Right now there is a lot of silt which has run down to the stage that will be removed. Whatever rain falls into the bowl will still collect there but it should be much less and drain pretty quick.