• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
So fully two thirds of the electorate were "duped?" You give the people too little credit. OVERWHELMINGLY, the people rejected the incumbent and chose an
opposing candidate. It wasn't even close. You're just another person who thinks "the people" were stupid because they didn't agree with you. Welcome to democracy! Sorry the electorate is not as enlightened as you.

I would not go so far as to say it was an overwhelming victory when 70% of the registered voters in this county did not even vote. They may have rejected the incumbent but given that Amy Wise Coble never ran because she was simply a plant, Anderson was the only alternative. Not sure I'd be thumping my chest over that kind of victory either because if people who voted for Anderson actually voted for change, they will be sadly disillusioned. Anderson is just more of the same. It just cost more to get him elected. I don't see that as democracy in action either.

drinkin & lazy

Beach Comber
Nov 3, 2015
Wells & Fletch: I appreciate your candor but if you will look at least back to 4-24-2012 at the BCC agenda you will find that the MHIP had been going through process to create an economic engine to WC. Yes, it did sit vacant for a while with no income or business, but you know why? It had no infrastructure. Meaning it had no utilities (Water & Sewer) to attract any type of business or industry to come to the industrial park. I commend the administration and staff for countless meetings and man hours to connect the old Lucky 13 (now Dixie RV) and the school with water and sewer to create an opportunity to provide a prime location that benefits the County as a whole. You can't market a prime location without services.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Rarely is anything accomplished in a community by just one individual. It takes people working together and doing their part. Truth is Mr. Randall Infinger saw the potential and worked to arrange a land swap that gave Walton County possession of that land back in the 1990's. He had a vision of the possibilities for that parcel but left office before he could do anymore than acquire it. It took a great deal of work to arrange the infrastructure necessary by several different commissioners. MHIP is a tribute to several people working together to bring a needed improvement to the county.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
So fully two thirds of the electorate were "duped?" You give the people too little credit. OVERWHELMINGLY, the people rejected the incumbent and chose an
opposing candidate. It wasn't even close. You're just another person who thinks "the people" were stupid because they didn't agree with you. Welcome to democracy! Sorry the electorate is not as enlightened as you.
I was referring to the SBA and other ardent supporters. Conned.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Rarely is anything accomplished in a community by just one individual. It takes people working together and doing their part. Truth is Mr. Randall Infinger saw the potential and worked to arrange a land swap that gave Walton County possession of that land back in the 1990's. He had a vision of the possibilities for that parcel but left office before he could do anymore than acquire it. It took a great deal of work to arrange the infrastructure necessary by several different commissioners. MHIP is a tribute to several people working together to bring a needed improvement to the county.
I did not intend to minimize the work of others... but because of a couple of individuals they got the ball rolling to have a tax producing business move in there. I do make known my opposition to corporate welfare to companies that move to this area or current companies who upgrade facilities.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
I don't think any one person can take credit for the truck stop and other business at the 285 exit. That's part of being a team. I think we can all agree, however, that Bill Fletcher is an asset to the county and he played a very large role in bringing valuable additions to the county in Mossy Head. Thank you, Mr. Fletcher. I hope you continue to stay involved and contributing to our community.

aprilj994

Beach Comber
Aug 5, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
Makes no sense. There were 2 candidates. What outside group would be against Cindy and not for Tony?
Believe it or not a lot of people didn't like Cindy for whatever reason and decided to put negative campaigns out. I personally think it is tacky. Tony Anderson thought the same thing and would not allow it on his FB. He wanted a clean campaign. You can't always control what other people do. Look at the Cindy supporters who put up phony tony signs or called him an ignorant mailman after never even holding a conversation with him. Politics gets dirty, but I doubt those running are behind any of it.