• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Because

Why Regions Financial?

because I think you'll make about 50% on your money in less than 30 days from about $ 8.15 to about $12.25

Don't tell Shelly that people Mr. and Mrs. stockowner, are making 50% per month, ( and that's without leverage)!!!

I think he'd shart his pants, while he's salting away his savings in a shiny yellow metal plodding the demise of speculators everywhere.

Monday/Tuesday may be a day to continue shorting the Euro if the US Dollar takes a breather b/c of our Paulson Bazooka festival this weekend

later..

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Don't tell Shelly that people Mr. and Mrs. stockowner, are making 50% per month, ( and that's without leverage)!!!

Stock"owners" holding on the 17th will "make" a dime a share come Oct 1...not exactly 50%--unless they sell (minus commission costs and short-term capital gains tax). :cool:

Admittedly, it will be a good time to pull the trigger on Monday or Tuesday--if you dare.

Last edited:

ClintClint

Beach Fanatic
Jul 2, 2008
Seems to me that the markets hate uncertainty and now that this Freddie/Fannie stuff seems settled, the market will rally---particularly the financials. I bought UYG-- the two times the financials ETF-- a while ago. I'm still way underwater but I'm expecting a real rally in the short term.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Seems to me that the markets hate uncertainty and now that this Freddie/Fannie stuff seems settled, the market will rally---particularly the financials. I bought UYG-- the two times the financials ETF-- a while ago. I'm still way underwater but I'm expecting a real rally in the short term.

Congrats.... UYG is printing almost $25 pre market. UYG was $14 and change on July 15th...

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Stock"owners" holding on the 17th will "make" a dime a share come Oct 1...not exactly 50%--unless they sell (minus commission costs and short-term capital gains tax). :cool:

Admittedly, it will be a good time to pull the trigger on Monday or Tuesday--if you dare.

Shel, how dare you belittle the 50% total paper return (by focusing solely on the dividend ex and payable date) of Mr. and Mrs. Too Much Stockowner ;)

You learn something new everyday if you're not a know it all. Thanks

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Shel, how dare you belittle the 50% total paper return (by focusing solely on the dividend ex and payable date) of Mr. and Mrs. Too Much Stockowner ;)

Call me crazy...but I only focus on "returns" one can take to the bank--as I recall, there's no "paper returns" checkbox on a deposit slip.

G

GatlsGulch2

He was right to predict a major decline, but even his dower predictions were off - we're 30 months out from his original prediction and we've seen declines of 30%-50%.

Has anybody else noticed those lots in Watersound Beach that are selling at 50% discount from 2005, and 10% discount from 2003? That really caught my eye, I was wondering when the Joe properties would start to correct, it's finally happening.

An interersting historical perspective for sure. The doomers sure got beat up a lot back then. :blush:

30A Shopper, if my predicitions are "off" again, as much as they were last time with my old handle, we may be in for a fun ride to the upside. (When I brought to the boards attention that a Newspaper article had the HEADLINE BACKWARDS, that real estate was about to implode, not take off, I was chastized or ganged up on a little bit in various threads for making some unpopular and really unthinkable predictions, (and to short JOE, which I now absolutely LOVE) .; If history is any indication, I guess the market in South Walton is not just about to rapidly stabilize and moderately accelerate - , we're probably looking at gains higher than you or I can imagine over the next decade in South Walton.

cheers,

RD.