• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
You certainly do think the worst of most people. I'm glad it lost, but agree with the sentiments of many that there needs to be more access on the east end. I live in BMB and the beach access is packed all the time. And it's not just with cars with FL plates.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but ok.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
That it does. It appears that she was soliciting information from a constituent who would be able to provide her numbers which makes perfect sense. Although I opposed the boardwalk I think she was doing what she was asked to do to by either Mr Pauls or other constituents who wanted to see the boardwalk built. Seems, at least in my opinion, it was all above board.
Thanks

I agree with Bob. A commissioner is not doing the whole job unless all the information pertaining to an issue is gathered. Regardless of her vote, asking for and getting the information about the potential development and population growth on the west end of 30A and that area north to the bay highlights the importance that we do have an access issue at this end and it will get worse. The Topsail solution was not the right solution as the negative consequences on the environment would not be reversible.

Yes, corporations have bought accesses in the past (Watersound West and the access by Deer Lake), but do we need to make the mistakes of the past? Should we look at what other coastal communities do when faced with these access issues?

Instead of bashing the one county commissioner who goes to bat for South Walton most of the time, maybe we should try to be part of the solution and be constructive in our thought and words. It's time to put on our collective thinking caps.

Last edited:

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
To really address the problem the county is going to need to acquire land, both for access and for parking. Building walkovers and accesses with no parking attached is asking for problems. People want to go to the beach, see a nice place to gain access and next thing you know they are parking on someone's yard or on the roadway. One possible solution would be inland parking with shuttles to the accesses. Another would be to use some advertising money to promote our state parks and encourage their use. I am not sure what will work and what won't, but I am sure what has been done in the past doesn't work. As someone said, we need to work together to think of solutions instead of screaming at each other.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
We need to stop building more subdivisions with rental property that fail to disclose NO BEACH ACCESS.

Beach Access is all taken up folks. Get up early and get a good spot or go somewhere else.

There is little if any parking, so walk or bike please.

Anyone consider some Bay Front Beach areas? Lots to do there too... If I recall, you have more boat launch options too.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
Beach Access is all taken up folks. Get up early and get a good spot or go somewhere else.

There is little if any parking, so walk or bike please.

Anyone consider some Bay Front Beach areas? Lots to do there too... If I recall, you have more boat launch options too.

there's that attitude that 30A is famous for! I knew it was just under the surface.

what I find amazing, though not surprising, is once again the blatant hypocrisy
and chameleon worthy contortions you guys make. Here you all are lauding Cindy
yet she was shouting down the envirobots and advocating for the walkover,
she even voted yes before abruptly bolting out. Yet here you are licking her
high heels and praising her for her abilities....
if it weren't so pathetic it would be quite humorous.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I thought this was one of the dumbest ideas ever entertained by any BCC. Thankfully it failed.

For your info I don't live on 30a, but i respect the property rights of those that do. They made the investment, we didn't.

I have used county beach access for years but have seen far too many Okalossa registrations (vehicles) coming to Walton county beaches. That accompanied with this new breed of "rougher" type tourist has made me seek access elsewhere, where I pay for it! (Had enough of tattooed faces, pot smoking, glass bottle beer drinking, dogs off leashes, foul mouth filth on the beach!)

You want it, you can pay for it to. I'm not going to pay for you or anyone else.

(Side note, if we actually Enforced Anything around here, except hitting locals with FHP tickets this past month, we might have some revenue to actually buy some additional land for more tourists to have beach access).

There is no more room on the beach. We have occupancy in unit issues, beach vendor solicitation right issues, enforcement issues, parking issues, Wow do we have issues! But let's keep bringing more people!

Yes, I have an issue! and its the class of tourist that has taken advantage of this area recently! Disrespectful and entitled, yet they are here on deep discounted rates that will drive down owners property value and turn 30a into Destin or PCB.

You may want this but I don't.

Yes, I do subscribe to NIMBY! At least I'm honest!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
You are probably a small business owner that has your overflow parking, park where ever they want. You are entitled to a shuttle and every other opportunity you can grab.

From what I can gather you don't live in Walton, but you pay big bucks in taxes and then complain about it. We actually have a lot in common...

I might be wrong about you but I don't care about what you "made me look like", I'm honest and fed up with this batch of touron that's ruined our area. So are others that don't post on this site.

Lots of condo owners will be too when they get their revenue vs. Income reports.

Tide is rolling.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
As a hippie I hate to bring down other hippies, but...

I researched the Watersound West Beach walkover years ago and surprisingly it wasn't some magic mystery, large corporation or cash in a stump conspiracy.

JOE owned the land to begin with, the state bought it along with Topsail, but if you read the agreement the walkover provided in that community was allowed back in 1996. Not the insanity that spewed out around 1:15:00 of last nights meeting.