• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store

New posts
southof30A said:
Check out Corams on Highway 98 about 5 miles east of 30A east intersection. Waffle House style breakfast (which means good in my book), only better. You'll leave fat an' happy.

if you're going to coram's - you absolutely have to have the hash!
 
I guess that must be popular there. We ate it but it is not our favorite! I love pecan waffles though!
 
jdarg said:
Or if you want, here is a do-it-yourself Cracker Barrel style meal, minus having to sit and rock for an hour until your name is called. Go to Publix and get a pound of bacon, a pound of butter, pancake and biscuit mix, a dozen donuts, a dozen eggs, and some coffee. Done!

Except it is raw. If I can get someone else to cook it, I'm all for it.

btw, Cracker Barrel's chicken and dumplin's is hard to beat. I have a "top secret cookbook" recipe for it, but I'm not ABOUT to roll out dumplings due to the dog hair that floats around, no matter what I do, in our home. :puke:
 
:biggrin: Would love a big plate of chicken and dumplings. I know what you mean about dog hair. We have a large long hair dog that stays in our house all the time when we are home. He is quite the beggar. Hard to eat around him. I am constantly taking a big dust broom around getting up all the hair between the kitchen and living room.
 
John R said:

Yeah, Cracker Barrel's track record on minority and gay employment and treatment has not been the greatest.

They have found such a successful niche though- you can eat 'til every artery is clogged, then shop for stuff nobody needs. My kids are pulled to this place like a magnet. :bang: At least some of the McDonald's have a playground!!
 
Shallowsnole, Buy a package of large flour tortillas(I use the ones without lard) use about 6, cut them up like you would dumplins,add to your chicken and broth,put the lid on and let them simmer awhile. My sister(the dumplin expert)said they were delicious.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top