• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CRAP!!! I Just Cut My Pinky Finger To The Bone!!!

New posts
Eff it! :biggrin:I've been dyin' to say that in a nice context, thanks. If superglue won't keep it shut, you may need to bite the bullet and get a stitch or 2. What does your best otter judgement tell you? :blink: Sometimes tape will keep a flap down but depends how deep. That is a very movable part though. Dang. Sorry. :( That was a helluva a lotta help, huh? :blush:
 
I have much experience in this department. Infection is not your friend. A small cut, when infected, can lead to loss of finger. I have seen it happen. Food products in your cut is not a smart move, IMO. No matter what, you need to clean the wound thoroughly. Bandaid makes a foaming product which works miracles, IMO. (Thanks Jdarg, for including it in my annual emergency kit.) It is the best I have used. Follow directions on the label.

FAM_ONE_STEP_1ST_AID_FOAM_23-6221.jpg
 
No, I was unloadong the dishwasher & got a little rough w/ a coffee cup :angry:



don't know, I'm a re agent not a doctor. I sliced it on the outside of the last joint. large flap of skin still attached, i can control the bleeding w/ pressure, still have feeling. dont know if i should go to the doc in a box or just suck it up

Sounds exactly like the cut I got in August, which I'm too lazy to look up. I had a 3-corner flap. I went to the doc-in-a-box (who happened to be a friend of mine) and he put 3 stitches in it. It seemed a little silly, but I think it healed up a heck of a lot faster. The flap ended up dying eventually and peeling off, but not until it had healed up underneath.

Get it sewn up. It will be easier in the long run.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top