• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I spoke to several who had signed and asked them if they were aware that they could be questioned by opposing counsel about their individual affidavit. The look of "unawareness" was obvious and a little comical.
Can you say that every one of the 4600+ others that are included in the case are willing to come sit at that table too? Since the majority of those folks are only in it because their homeowners association told them they had to be.

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
The fact is that a lot of people signed a sworn statement and they may not know what they are swearing to. I always thought that evidence in a court of law dealt with facts. I know people who signed the statements and they have no idea what they signed, except they were told it was to help "affirm" customary use. Perhaps everyone who signed affidavits should be deposed and/or called as a witness. Are we a nation of laws or a nation of old English custom?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
The fact is that a lot of people signed a sworn statement and they may not know what they are swearing to. I always thought that evidence in a court of law dealt with facts. I know people who signed the statements and they have no idea what they signed, except they were told it was to help "affirm" customary use. Perhaps everyone who signed affidavits should be deposed and/or called as a witness. Are we a nation of laws or a nation of old English custom?
Once again ....you are trying to make this out that people did not know what they were doing. If they didnt figure it out when they had to produce an ID and swear "under punishment of law" then they deserve to be deposed. If you know people that only signed "the statements" without respect for the law or the process then they might NOT have signed an actual affidavit so their "statements" wouldnt be worth the paper they are written on to the "cause".
EDIT: The FACT is alot of people knew EXACTLY what they were swearing to and are more than willing to be called as witnesses or deposed. But if I am not mistaken... a judge would be the one to determine if that is necessary..

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie/Regina, you keep posting and I keep learning. I am learning how wealth and power abuses. I am learning how there are no limits of that abuse. I am learning how truly disconnected you are from society (people, community). I am learning that the only thing you connect with in life is power. You are willing to call people liars, cheats, losers etc. to justify this emptiness within you. Your last post has reached a new low as you must now feel closer to the only things that matter to you...power. Your abuse of that power is almost complete as you fill in that emptiness with false accusations about the good people who have given their time and effort and their purpose of being connected to the truth of how these beaches have been used in the past. I wonder if that made you all proud of yourself? You once called it blasphemy when I asked you to look into a mirror. You see when you Judge people that way it means that you have made yourself into a higher existence. Our founders were concerned with people like you who believe they are above others. The term for individuals who have become elitist from having too much wealth and power is and autocrat. I read this in the information that your cohort (fbb) gave me. You and your followers have given me lots of information but this last posts tells me everything I need to know to not trust you with anything especially the power to exclude people from the beach. You keep telling us that when your powers win this lawsuit everything will go back to normal and you will share the resource with people who follow your rules. Do you really think that anyone believes you? You and your followers are blatantly sending the message out to BFO's to not share the beach with anyone after first stating that the 30A legacy is all about BFO's sharing the beach. You offer nothing for this community...for this country...for this planet. Nothing but an abuse of power...

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
Ya

LOL.. you are making it sound like those of us who filled out, then signed, produced a valid photo ID, then raised our right hand and swore to the truth of what we had just done, didnt realize the ramifications and possible actions that could arise from it. Ive never had to do that for some "neighborhood petition". Will I come and sit at that table? You can bet the farm I will. And your stenographer better have done her finger exercises that morning because I have been using these beaches for a very long time and will give alot of information to her. I wont forget the photos of me and my family using these beaches either. Just curious.... were all of those 15k+ affidavits objected to within 10 days?

Jodi, 3 points here;

I’m not an attorney, but I’m a huge Matlock/Perry Mason fan...

No, not for a minute does anyone believe that everyone of the thousands of those filling out CU affidavits is/was clueless, quite the contrary. And in no way am I suggesting that you and some others weren’t aware of the gravity of the litigation process should that result. It’s quite obvious you are on point. AND you are passionate about our beaches. That puts us on the same side of this: Protecting our 30A Legacy.

My point, after witnessing the tactics and carnival atmosphere of the signing tables during peak tourist season, is that they undoubtedly drew in thousands of folks not fully aware of their personal commitment to potential court proceedings. Go online and read them, they are available as evidence. I think you’ll soon agree, many of the stories would change or the volumes might shrink, had a full disclaimer and explanation of deposition and witness requirements been fully comprehended and understood by each author, as you obviously do.

Next, The Judge does not decide what evidence attorneys decide to pursue. Since the affidavits have been submitted as evidence already by plaintiff, the defense counsel has the standing right and almost obligation to depose those submitters of court evidence, NOT the judge.

And finally, no, the defendants need not be anywhere near the depositions of plaintiff witnesses during the process. Many attorneys dissuade such attendance, depending on the client. It’s the attorneys, as licensed agents of the court, who facilitate, control, and speak, not the defendant.

My point was not meant to degrade or diminish you in any way. It was merely a mathematical equation. It appeared to me and others, AFTER REVIEWING THE DOCUMENTS, that the process and carnival atmosphere of the signing campaign, drove many, possibly thousands, of emotional responses to a case in which they have no credible input.

Then IF that possibility is true, the resulting depositions as a matter of normal litigation process, might prove to significantly diminish the perceived value of those particular and specific documents as evidence. Not yours, but those.

How do I know? Because besides loving Matlock and Perry Mason, (And John Grisham!), I’ve been forced to be across the table from deposing attorneys before. It’s definitely not all whimsical or fantasyland - like a fish fry...

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
This is the most ridiculous comment. No one ever spoke of our beaches being private until a few years ago when this nonsense started. Growth will always come to any popular, special area. The loudest voices against CU come from beachfront owners who bought near a county beach access. Not from interior beachfront owners. You buy next to a cow pasture, get used to the cows. The beaches have always been shared and should be regardless of growth; anywhere, any beach and any community. Respect has and always is critical. There are laws that regulate behavior on our beaches and characterizing the beach behavior as all bad is a common tactic used by private property rights beach advocates. I recommended the Beach Ambassador program to help address the beachfront owners concerns. Most beachgoers are respectful regardless of the numbers.

I’m hosting a free breakfast this morning at Bud & Alley’s as I have for the past four years for all of the volunteer Beach ambassadors to applaud their efforts in helping to educate our visiting beachgoers on the dos and don’ts regarding behavior on our beaches. You see, the beach front owners started complaining about behavior and I proposed a great solution to work on that. But this issue isn’t about behavior it’s about claiming the beaches as private property. Yes, the judge will decide and then other judges will decide as well. And also, the Florida legislature will decide again at some point. The struggle for public beaches is just beginning and many Floridians and non-residents are committed to ensuring our beaches will finally be for all with no exclusionary privileges for anyone. Our beaches, our shared beaches as they always have been up until July 1, 2018.

Last edited:

Reggie Gaskins

Beach Lover
Oct 4, 2018
Blue Mountain Beach
This is the most ridiculous comment. No one ever spoke of our beaches being private until a few years ago when this nonsense started. Growth will always come to any popular, special area. The loudest voices against CU come from beachfront owners who bought near a county beach access. Not from interior beachfront owners. You buy next to a cow pasture, get used to the cows. The beaches have always been shared and should be regardless of growth; anywhere, any beach and any community. Respect has and always is critical. There are laws that regulate behavior on our beaches and characterizing the beach behavior as all bad is a common tactic used by private property rights beach advocates. I recommended the Beach Ambassador program to help address the beachfront owners concerns. Most beachgoers are respectful regardless of the numbers. I’m hosting a breakfast this morning as I have for the past four years for all of the volunteer Beach ambassadors to applied their efforts in helping to educate our visiting beachgoers on the dues and don’ts regarding behavior on our beaches. you see, the beach runner started complaining about behavior and I proposed a great solution to work on that. But this issue isn’t about behavior it’s about claiming the beach is as private property. Yes, the judge will decide and then other judges will decide as well. And also, the Florida legislature will decide Again at some point.

So for the record, addressing the citizens and tourists of Walton County...

This is a repost from April 27, 2019 first put on this thread, look at the first page. Yes, the added sentence/piece at the bottom is a personal financial promotion addition, quite frequent and common in this particular arsenal. For a leader and front line voice of this expensive and painful journey forced on all of us, should we expect more?

So much has developed and changed, but all we get is an irrelevant repost from ions ago, along with a plug to come spend money in his restaurant? If you’ll cruise through this thread now approaching 100,000 views, you’ll see exposed here, the lack of any true basis for this expensive and very painful journey. And the self appointed leaders come out of the dark and censored retreats to only attack people and inflame, never once discussing the merits or legal foundation of their cause. We deserve more, no?

This post itself is promoting 6 mistruths they expect you to just “believe”. After being challenged on each, and proven wrong, here we are, seeing the same mistruths repeated repeated repeated.

We all want the same thing folks. Maybe it’s time we appoint leaders who can shed their egos and financial greed of revenue in order to save our 30A Legacy.

PS, It’s fun watching editing of posts in real time. Typical........

Last edited:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
So for the record, addressing the citizens and tourists of Walton County...

This is a repost from April 27, 2019 first put on this thread, look at the first page. Yes, the added sentence/piece at the bottom is a personal financial promotion addition, quite frequent and common in this particular arsenal. For a leader and front line voice of this expensive and painful journey forced on all of us, should we expect more?

So much has developed and changed, but all we get is an irrelevant repost from ions ago, along with a plug to come spend money in his restaurant? If you’ll cruise through this thread now approaching 100,000 views, you’ll see exposed here, the lack of any true basis for this expensive and very painful journey. And the self appointed leaders come out of the dark and censored retreats to only attack people and inflame, never once discussing the merits or legal foundation of their cause. We deserve more, no?

This post itself is promoting 6 mistruths they expect you to just “believe”. After being challenged on each, and proven wrong, here we are, seeing the same mistruths repeated repeated repeated.

We all want the same thing folks. Maybe it’s time we appoint leaders who can shed their egos and financial greed of revenue in order to save our 30A Legacy.

The post is as relevant today as ever and will be relevant until this issue is settled and our beaches are freed from the bonds of a handful of influential politicians, aggressive private property beach advocates who are mostly owners who live near Public Beach accesses and their lawyers. House Bill 631 was authored by some of the lawyers representing these beachfront owners.

Those who speak anonymously on this thread are not the voices of integrity. If they were they would come out of the shadows. These anonymous voices along with the anonymous entities on weblogs and other social media aim to intimidate and silence all those who believe in keeping our beaches open to the public. They will not succeed. We will not be silenced.

Last edited:

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie/Regina, that explanation of why your are calling those who signed the affidavits as liars and cheats is almost laughable. You will say just about anything and then hide your identity. Where do you get that belief in the wickedness of The People. I wonder. Why would anyone believe you are credible is beyond me. My oh my how you bravo sierra your way through this issue. Your base of followers will someday figure it out because you will eventually take something from them as well. It is all a matter of time.

I choose to believe that a community gathering like in a whimsical fish fry for BFO's and non-BFO's would be a good thing to connect us all together but you are gradually convincing me that the corruption of money and power disconnects people like you from the rest of humanity and it may be irreversible. That said I would still welcome you to a fish fry that I sponsor myself. Like I said earlier I don't give up easy...

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
Reggie/Regina please speak for yourself when it comes to what people want. I think it is obvious that you want power to exclude the public from the beach. That is exactly NOT what we ALL want. You probably should keep posting and revealing to us who you are!