• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
My beach and sand is, you’re correct, beautiful this morning. Because, that sand is your sand, that sand is my sand, that sand is everyone‘s sand. You bought the view and the convenience of being close to the Gulf; That’s it. CU on our beach & CU in Court.
That is funny since you do not own any Gulf beach sand or can you prove me wrong? CU on our 850 miles of Florida foreshore beaches and CUnCourt.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
That is funny since you do not own any Gulf beach sand or can you prove me wrong? CU on our 850 miles of Florida foreshore beaches and CUnCourt.
You do not own sand either. As a matter of fact, it is illegal to remove sand from the beach. You have a view is all.

The arrogance of people with beach views has become extremely thick around here.

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Can someone answer the following:

If I were to purchase a beach front property (not planning to as I already own a non beach from home and am quite happy there), and a title company issued me a title policy insuring the plot of land that extends to the HWML on the beach, is that not my private property?

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Oh Jim, aka/waltonwatchdog! So glad to be back on your radar. Thank you so much for retweeting my very informative and appreciated article in the name of keeping our beaches open to the public.

Yes I do live in Watersound Beach! Like any private beachfront home or any community development that has private access, private access is private access; private access is not in dispute but the USE of our beaches is (#CU/SeeYouInCourt).

Watersound Beach may be accessed and used by the public from the public access just east of Watersound Beach near the community where your non-beachfront home is and also at the Deer Lake State Park. Saint Joe/Watersound doesn’t step down to the level of placing private property signs/No trespassing sigs on their beaches. And I doubt very seriously we will ever see those unwelcoming and offensive signs there, nor will anyone ever likely be kicked off the beach on any Saint Joe Beach properties.

Merry Christmas to you and yours and thank you for your service to our country Sir. And should I ever see you on our beaches again I’ll certainly shake your hand again. After all, we are all neighbors with different viewpoints but I have respect for all beach front owners just like I have respect for you.

83B42392-9C43-4DFE-ADB6-92C2ADDD1616.jpeg

Last edited:

Alex Miles

Beach Comber
Oct 6, 2019
Montgomery
Yes I do live in Watersound Beach! ...
Watersound Beach may be accessed and used by the public ... Saint Joe/Watersound doesn’t step down to the level of placing private property signs... nor will anyone ever likely be kicked off the beach on any Saint Joe Beach properties.

Dave, then why is Watersound in court defending its private beach property rights against your customary use lawsuit? Tell the public the truth about your private beach.

Stone Cold J

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2019
SRB
Can someone answer the following:
If I were to purchase a beach front property (not planning to as I already own a non beach from home and am quite happy there), and a title company issued me a title policy insuring the plot of land that extends to the HWML on the beach, is that not my private property?​

Charles, as of today, yes that would be your private property and as such you would have the full rights established by the State of Florida, which is also listed on the Walton County Web Site:

Florida Property Owner Bill of Rights
1. The right to acquire, possess, and protect your property.
2. The right to use and enjoy your property.
3. The right to exclude others from your property.
4. The right to dispose of your property.
5. The right to due process.
6. The right to just compensation for property taken for a public purpose.
7. The right to relief, or payment of compensation, when a new law, rule, regulation, or ordinance of the state or a political entity unfairly affects your property.

There is a lawsuit filed by the BCC to try and remove Private Property Rights guaranteed by the State of Florida, in particular #3 - the right to exclude others from your property. The BCC was the full and exclusive power to determine who, how many, and how much beach equipment can be on your private property against the will of the property owner. As of today there is currently no Private Property in the State of Florida has ever been subject to FORCED occupation of unlimited people and unlimited equipment AGAINST the will of the property owner. Never ever.

Not saying that it can not happen in the future, but as of today that would be 100% your private property and you would have Private Property Rights from the STATE OF FLORIDA. In addition, if you property was taken then you would also be entitled to compensation (see #6).

Many Private Property owners are defendants in the lawsuit, including St Joe, Watercolor, and Watersound, so they can retain exclusive rights to determine who and how many can be on their beach as they have had since Florida became a State. That does not mean ANYONE is getting kicked off, it does mean however that a person cannot be on Private Property AGAINST the will of the property owner, just like it has been for the last 100 years.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Watersound Beach may be accessed and used by the public from the public access just east of Watersound Beach near the community where your non-beachfront home is and also at the Deer Lake State Park. Saint Joe/Watersound doesn’t step down to the level of placing private property signs/No trespassing sigs on their beaches. And I doubt very seriously we will ever see those unwelcoming and offensive signs there, nor will anyone ever likely be kicked off the beach on any Saint Joe Beach properties.
Apparently some folks have a problem learnin'.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Oh Jim, aka/waltonwatchdog! So glad to be back on your radar. Thank you so much for retweeting my very informative and appreciated article in the name of keeping our beaches open to the public.

Yes I do live in Watersound Beach! Like any private beachfront home or any community development that has private access, private access is private access; private access is not in dispute but the USE of our beaches is (#CU/SeeYouInCourt).

Merry Christmas to you and yours and thank you for your service to our country Sir. And should I ever see you on our beaches again I’ll certainly shake your hand again. After all, we are all neighbors with different viewpoints but I have respect for all beach front owners just like I have respect for you.

View attachment 80852

Oh dear the original tweet referenced in my last post has now been altered (below) to remove my article...boo hoo. I was so enjoying my early Christmas Present. Oh well, I still meant what I said and it's always good to see my messaging getting out there even on those platforms that oppose my views on public beaches.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 9.55.13 PM.jpg