• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
OUR NAMES (A Story In Itself): Grayton Corner Cafe (where I first met Doug 1990), Paradise Alley Cafe in CoCoa Beach (Doug and Kathy's first cafe together...we gave the name to Bonnie, our daughter), D & K's Little New Orleans Cafe (sold to Cafe Tango, little red and teal house on Vicki street by Snapperheads, we retained our name), D & K's Hungry Bear Deli (on the Mountain top of Sewanee, Tn.), D & K's Cafe and Oyster Bar, D & K's Beach Cafe AND finally.....D&K's Hotz Avenue Cafe in Grayton Beach where it all began!!! Talking about coming full circle...what a long journey we've been on. Our last restaurant...we pray. LOL

So So Sorry for not posting D&K updates sooner! And, I'm running out the door right this moment. Just wanted to let everyone know that things are starting to move faster. Doug and I have had to endure a lot of unnecessary hold ups. It looks like August before we re-open. Sometimes I feel like we are in a never-ending dream. We've waited 5 years to get to this point and when we're finished I hope everyone will be excited for us. This will give us so much more time for our family, make life easier for our staff, and offer the community a wonderful alternative.

If there is anyone out there who can help me with learning the ins and outs of using SoWol? I would really appreciate it. I could post much more...like pictures, menu, up coming events, etc.

I hope to be able to offer more news tonight when I have some quiet time .

Thanks so much,
Kathy.......Doug's out fishing today. He needed a day out on the water!!!
Thanks to Sam for grabbing him away from sanding and staining.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:clap_1: ...thanks for the update K! It will all be worth it in the end! I'll be there in October...can't wait to dine with y'all again!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Kurt the wrong color was put up on the building...we'll be changing that as soon as possible. :roll: Actually already in progress.
K

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Sueshore said:
:clap_1: ...thanks for the update K! It will all be worth it in the end! I'll be there in October...can't wait to dine with y'all again!

October...what a wonderful month in South Walton. We look forward to seeing you! Make sure to call for reservations. Already have heard from a ton of people that they will be down in October and are trying to make reservations now. Doug and I want to try to get into July before taking them. I can't even keep up with my cell phone right now. Our living room, kitchen, and breakfast room looks like a construction site. I have floor plans, carpet and tile samples, stain, paint, drawings, catalogs, magazines, etc., all over the place. I know we have a dining table somewhere underneath it all.

We will be open Tuesday through Saturday for dinner. We've downsized from 70 to about 42 seats. Doug will finally get out of that 4x6 space and have a beautiful kitchen....we can't wait to get open. If you would like to be contacted by personal e-mail I will be happy to do so. I have a list of people who want to know first hand when the opening date is, seating times, menu, etc.

Gotta run....time for a movie :popcorn: .

Kathy

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
K...look for my PM!