• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
I read that Old 98 was closed, is it the whole road or just washed out sections. We have a condo at Geronimo and Old 98 (about 3/4 mile from Silver Sands Outlet) at the Beach House Condominiums and are trying to get an idea of how they fared. Last year with Ivan the pool fell onto the beach and our unit is in one of the buildings closest to the beach so we are keeping our fingers crossed. If anyone has any info on it or the area, or if that section of road is open it would be greatly appreciated.

Passatfish

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
SJ: As many people are experiencing, I am unable to get in touch with our rental company and would love to find out how the Cottages at Camp Creek faired. ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!! We are due to come down This Saturaday and would like to know if alternate plans are necessary.

Allirow

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
P7100165.JPG

Allirow, just found a photo with your 3rd floor and roof top
Yep, that's us. At least I know we're standing, but woah does that lake look high from a distance. Man, I've just gotta get down there to see what's up. Need to find a sitter first as my 3 kids are babies...probably not the best environment there for them.

Can't thank you enough SJ!

Best wishes,
Allison

firepar1

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Could someone please tell me about the Legends in Santa Rosa. Suppose to be there Thursday the 14th. Can someone advise on beach area, pool, condition, general appearance, electric on and if we could enjoy by coming at that time. Thank anyone very much if could advise.

beachcomber

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
Attn Owners, how many of you were contacted by your rental agencies to board up your houses, condos, etc?...If you were or weren't, who were your agencies?...Best of luck to all owners down here...

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
reneep said:
We are scheduled for a family reunion at Bella Vita on Blue Mountain Beach beginning on the 24th and have family coming in from four states. Any word on the condition of the building?
Bella Vita is fine.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Nick said:
I read that Old 98 was closed, is it the whole road or just washed out sections. We have a condo at Geronimo and Old 98 (about 3/4 mile from Silver Sands Outlet) at the Beach House Condominiums and are trying to get an idea of how they fared. Last year with Ivan the pool fell onto the beach and our unit is in one of the buildings closest to the beach so we are keeping our fingers crossed. If anyone has any info on it or the area, or if that section of road is open it would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday, the Sheriff's Office had Old 98 closed off beginning on the east side of Capt Dave's on the Gulf (which is living up to its name) and how far east, I do not know. That area around the Crab Trap faired better than after Ivan, but I am sure it doesn't look pretty from the beach. Power was out yesterday. My guess, just a good guess is that it is NOT closed all the way to Geronimo St. However, if your pool fell into the Gulf after Ivan, I would be a little concerned about the potential damage. You never know, I did not expect Pompano Joes to still have a parking lot, which it lost with Ivan, but it is still there. Maybe there is nothing holding up the asphalt :dunno: . I, as well as many others on this board, will keep my fingers crossed for you.

jrperk

Beach Crab
Thank you, I just found this site and, like many others, really appreciate you for being the eyes for so many of us who look forward to shareing a little bit of the paradise you live in. My heart goes out to those who have suffered loss.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Passatfish said:
SJ: As many people are experiencing, I am unable to get in touch with our rental company and would love to find out how the Cottages at Camp Creek faired. ANY info would be greatly appreciated!!! We are due to come down This Saturaday and would like to know if alternate plans are necessary.
Camp Creek Kid has some excellent reporting from that end. I have not been further east than One Seagrove Place, and am headed out of town today.

Status
Not open for further replies.