• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
Weatabix, you are such a hero too! A special person with a huge heart! And, Eli is sooooo darling!! I just love this story! Thank you for sharing!:clap::bow:

I owe it all to you and Dorothy....I can't thank you two enough for believing in these pups.....We filmed part of the "reality animal story" at our house with the folks who film the Alaqua footage.....we had to "re-enact" what we went through last week trying to decide if we could possibly care for Eli. It was so fun and the star of the show was Eli himself!!! He did very well with his acting ability! They even came out and filmed our show at Pandora's to sort of tie in with the story......it's been an incredible journey already with this little guy! We also found out at Pandora's that our friend Stan has Eli's brother Luke! So, we are going to plan a play date with Luke and hopefully anyone else that adopted a puppy from this litter will want to get together with us.....it is such a small world! Thanks again Jackie for everything.....Sue

Brooklyn49er

Beach Comber
Sep 7, 2009
One "desperate" puppy didn't work out

Hi everyone on SoWal. I am the woman with the 7 puppies that were born to a stray dog outside my backyard. My daughter and I cared for the mom and the pups til they were adopted. Unfortunately, I just got a call from one adopted "family" telling me this one pup isn't working out. they have 2 small children and of the 7 pups, this one and one other, were pretty docile. The others were very playful and friendly. I think they picked the wrong puppy for them.

I am clueless as to what to do. I cannot take the pup back. I am praying there will be one person out there looking for a sweet, quiet little female pup and would like to adopt this one. She now lives in Santa Rosa Beach.

Once again, thank you all with helping me get these adorable puppies adopted last month. For that I am eternally grateful. Please say a pray for the little puppy.

Dorothy (850) 571-5597

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
Dorothy,
This is Sue, Eli's momma......Our neighbor was very interested in taking one of the pups and was disappointed there weren't any left.......Is this pup still available? Thanks!

Hi everyone on SoWal. I am the woman with the 7 puppies that were born to a stray dog outside my backyard. My daughter and I cared for the mom and the pups til they were adopted. Unfortunately, I just got a call from one adopted "family" telling me this one pup isn't working out. they have 2 small children and of the 7 pups, this one and one other, were pretty docile. The others were very playful and friendly. I think they picked the wrong puppy for them.

I am clueless as to what to do. I cannot take the pup back. I am praying there will be one person out there looking for a sweet, quiet little female pup and would like to adopt this one. She now lives in Santa Rosa Beach.

Once again, thank you all with helping me get these adorable puppies adopted last month. For that I am eternally grateful. Please say a pray for the little puppy.

Dorothy (850) 571-5597

Brooklyn49er

Beach Comber
Sep 7, 2009
"Desperate Puppies" saga ends.

Hi all, I am not sure if any of you would remember me but my daughter and I "rescued" a pregnant dog who had her puppies behind my fence in the backyard last July. She was one of 3 dogs being neglected by my neighbor. Thanks to SoWal, Petfinders and a newspaper ad, all 7 puppies were adopted to very good families. I am eternally grateful for the kindness in so many human hearts.

The reason I took care of the mama dog was because of her brother. When I moved here a yr ago the 3 dogs were puppies. The male dog was so skinny. He broke my heart and he was the reason I started to care for all 3 as best I could. I affectionately called him "Baby Boy". Despite starving because of some ailment or obstruction, he stayed a sweet, friendly and loving dog.

I tried to take charge and get care for him but bottom line was I couldn't because I was not the owner. It's a long story but that is the gist of it.

This morning I found out that "Baby Boy' passed away sometime during the night or early this morning. He was found by the neighbor's fence. I am beside myself and can't stop crying. I decided to donate something to the local Humane Society in memory of "Baby Boy".

If anyone out there was thinking of donating something to some agency for Christmas, I ask you very humbly to donate to your local Humane Society in memory of a dear, sweet "Baby Boy" that deserved better from this life. Even if just one person donated $5 or less, it would be such a kind and loving act.

Thank you.
Dorothy J. Horton

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Oh Dorothy, my heart is breaking for you and for the loss of the sweet Baby Boy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and good advice to donate to a local Humane Society. These things never really hit most of us until it happens so close to home.

God bless you. :love:

~ Allison

chrisjohnson850

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2009
Hi Dorothy,
I adopted one of the puppies from you. I have named him Breuski and he is healthy and beautiful. I just recently had a friend take some portrait photos of him they are on this site under business services I think. Anyway, I love my Breuski so much:love: I just thought you could use some good new.

Thanks Dorothy!

Last edited:

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
Hi all, I am not sure if any of you would remember me but my daughter and I "rescued" a pregnant dog who had her puppies behind my fence in the backyard last July. She was one of 3 dogs being neglected by my neighbor. Thanks to SoWal, Petfinders and a newspaper ad, all 7 puppies were adopted to very good families. I am eternally grateful for the kindness in so many human hearts.

The reason I took care of the mama dog was because of her brother. When I moved here a yr ago the 3 dogs were puppies. The male dog was so skinny. He broke my heart and he was the reason I started to care for all 3 as best I could. I affectionately called him "Baby Boy". Despite starving because of some ailment or obstruction, he stayed a sweet, friendly and loving dog.

I tried to take charge and get care for him but bottom line was I couldn't because I was not the owner. It's a long story but that is the gist of it.

This morning I found out that "Baby Boy' passed away sometime during the night or early this morning. He was found by the neighbor's fence. I am beside myself and can't stop crying. I decided to donate something to the local Humane Society in memory of "Baby Boy".

If anyone out there was thinking of donating something to some agency for Christmas, I ask you very humbly to donate to your local Humane Society in memory of a dear, sweet "Baby Boy" that deserved better from this life. Even if just one person donated $5 or less, it would be such a kind and loving act.

Thank you.
Dorothy J. Horton

Dorothy,
I am so sorry for your loss....I know how much you loved him and all the others. My family is so grateful to have found you so that we can enjoy our Eli....He is enjoying the snow here in Michigan during our vacation......He says hi to you! I believe Eli's uncle is in such a better place and the love you showed him will stay with him always....Take care, Sue