• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

yetiyutish

Beach Comber
Apr 30, 2009
Richmond, IN
My wife and I are planning our third trip to Seagrove Beach, and we have a new addition to our family this year. On one of the condo rental sites that I looked at there was mention of a dog license for the beach. Is this accurate? Where do I get this license? How much is it?

Abe and I thank you for your help!

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Welcome! That's a cutie you have there! The link below will expain the requirements for a dog on the beach permit. Have a great time!

Walton County Tax Collector

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dog On the Beach Permit Requirements:

Dog owner must be either:

- A property owner in Walton County, or

- A permanent, year-round resident of Walton County and furnish a valid Walton County voter's registration card or a valid driver's license with a verifiable Walton County street/911 address.

Note: Proof of property ownership will be verified by the tax collector's employees at the time of application.

You must also provide documentation from your veterinarian that your dog(s) vaccinations are current. Please note that the name of the dog owner on the vet records must match the name of the property ownership records of the tax collector.

The cost of the license is $30.00 per year and each permit issued shall be for a period of one year and will expire August 1st of each year, with a grace period until August 15th of each year. Proof of property ownership and updated vaccination records must be verified at each renewal.

Permit renewal and new permits are available for issue at both Walton County Tax Collector [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]locations.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTICE: There is no requirement that your dog accompany you to our office for purposes of obtaining a permit. Service dogs only are permitted in our offices.

The Dog On the Beach Permit grants dog owners the following:
The beach dog tag allows you to walk your dog ON A LEASH, on Walton County beaches between the following hours:
Standard Time 3:00pm - 9:00am
Daylight Savings Time 6:00pm - 8:00am [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Certain Beach Areas Prohibit Pets*
State owned beach access areas, in Walton County prohibit pets on the beach! Please adhere to the posted signage in these areas.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
You may download the application for your initial dog beach license by clicking here[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

If you are purchasing a permit on behalf of another person, you will be required to complete an affidavit form. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To obtain the form click here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IF YOU WANT TO RENEW AN EXISTING/ EXPIRED PERMIT, YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE RENEWAL FORM [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]HERE[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. SIMPLY PRINT AND COMPLETE/ UPDATE THE FORM, PROVIDE A CURRENT COPY OF THE RABIES VACCINATION RECORD AND PAYMENT. YOU MAY THEN MAIL TO OUR OFFICE, AS INDICATED ON THE FORM. YOUR NEW PERMIT TAG WILL BE MAILED TO THE ADDRESS PROVIDED. [/FONT]

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Good job, Jitty! I'm impressed with your computer/internet prowess!

Yetiyutish, cute pup......good luck!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Yes, it is unfortunate, but Walton County has yet another ordinance with unconstitutional requirements that could prevent one of God's creatures from having free roam of this world and playing on the world's most beautiful beaches. If you can figure out where the public part is versus the private.

We do have a Bark Park that you can use most anytime. It, also has a sign up with an illegal restriction on Tuesdays I think, but it is a public park so feel free to use my part if anyone asks.

yetiyutish

Beach Comber
Apr 30, 2009
Richmond, IN
Yes, it is unfortunate, but Walton County has yet another ordinance with unconstitutional requirements that could prevent one of God's creatures from having free roam of this world and playing on the world's most beautiful beaches. If you can figure out where the public part is versus the private.

We do have a Bark Park that you can use most anytime. It, also has a sign up with an illegal restriction on Tuesdays I think, but it is a public park so feel free to use my part if anyone asks.

"wrobert from the internet sent me." :D

Thanks all for the tips. It is unfortunate that junior won't be allowed to be on the beach with us, but there's still lots of walking to do on the pavement. I like the idea of the Bark Park too. Are pets allowed in the surrounding state parks?

Walton Outdoors

Beach Fanatic
Oct 8, 2008
www.WaltonOutdoors.com
"wrobert from the internet sent me." :D

Thanks all for the tips. It is unfortunate that junior won't be allowed to be on the beach with us, but there's still lots of walking to do on the pavement. I like the idea of the Bark Park too. Are pets allowed in the surrounding state parks?

Dogs are allowed on a leash at State Parks, but typically not on the beaches. Just along the trails and camping areas.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Are you familiar with the Pt Washington State Forest trailhead parking located on 395, just a little north of the WaterColor Publix? That area is very popular with dog owners, at least in the cooler weather. Last time I parked there and walked on the trail a while, I believe I was the only walker without a dog. You and the pup can maybe make some new friends out there.
Adorable dog!

roltyd

Beach Crab
Aug 7, 2007
The times have changed slightly in ordinance 2008-24, the new times are:
Standard Time 3:00 pm to 9:00 am
Daylight Savings Time 4:00 pm to 8:00 am.

Thanks!

Charlene58

Beach Comber
Mar 5, 2009
Pets at the Pool

Hi,

What is the Health Department's code for having pets ( mostly dogs) around
the public pool area.. i.e. inside the fenced in area?

Thank you