• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CampCreekLou

Beach Lover
Feb 25, 2005
I'm starting to wonder why we come down here.

What's going to kill me first? The red tide, the dive bombing DC-3, the sharks, the rip-tides, or the out-of-control seawall backwash :cool:

Just another regular October, I guess!

Last edited:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
It does seem like we've got the whole "man vs. Nature" thing going on here. I can't think of any place I've ever lived where it seems like "Mother Nature" was so in control. Sometimes I understand why this area is one of the last parts of the Florida coast to be developed!!

HOWEVER, I guess I'd rather be up against Nature than up against man-made hazards like terrorism, air pollution, car jackings, muggings, etc. I don't think there is a place on earth that is free from either natural or man-made hazards. In fact, places that SEEMED "safe" like New England are getting their share of the natural disasters lately.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Sueshore said:
CCk...and I thought coughing and itching from RT and being dive bombed by that basted plane were bad enough...now you tell me my landlord is cutting down trees for a FENCE? Bad karma day for sure.

This is totally off the topic of the thread, but, yes. St. Joe is putting up a fence all around the golf course. I guess it is surprising that there isn't already one there. Seems they are having trouble with golfers sneaking up on the greens in the late afternoon and getting a few holes in before dark. I just hope they don't use barbed wire or anything like that.

It was amazing to watch the machine cut the trees. It looked like a steamroller, and it pretty much ran right over the trees and cut them up as it went. I'm sad because we have all kinds of critters visit our home. We used to leave cat food out for a stray and I've seen several opposums and several racoons stealing the cat food. We also have had deer.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Camp Creek Kid said:
This is totally off the topic of the thread, but, yes. St. Joe is putting up a fence all around the golf course. I guess it is surprising that there isn't already one there. Seems they are having trouble with golfers sneaking up on the greens in the late afternoon and getting a few holes in before dark. I just hope they don't use barbed wire or anything like that.

Now you are not the one sneaking on, are you?

fly

Beach Comber
May 10, 2005
All your poisons and traps are useless. You succeed only in killing yourselves. Humans will die and our kind will remain. We are of superior intelligence.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think Elvis, the Kang, is related to the Fly, who is related to ...??? Hmmm??? ... Wu.:dunno:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Smiling JOe said:
Now you are not the one sneaking on, are you?

I admit that we have, in the past, taken walks on the golf course. Those greens are heaven to little kids (especially SoWal kids who don't have yards or lawns). However, we haven't done it for about a year. I started getting creeped out thinking that St. Joe probably had cameras around recording our every move. Think I was paranoid?

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
CampCreekLou said:
I'm starting to wonder why we come down here.

What's going to kill me first? The red tide, the dive bombing DC-3, the sharks, the rip-tides, or the out-of-control seawall backwash :cool:

Just another regular October, I guess!

now you begin to understand why I moved 3 hours inland

RANT MODE!

up here there is no unfishable red tide, no unstoppable DC-3 spewing ridiculous poisons, no expensive and ultimately useless antigravity sand retaining walls holding back the inevitable, no salt air corrosion, no crazy beach idiots (except me), no tourists, no outdoor weddings and no crap - just horse flies and gigantic swamp mosquitoes and deer ticks and skyscraper pine trees and red sandy dirt and tons o' bugs and animals, bunches of plain ol' churchgoing rednecks and 3 huge 'compounds' belonging to unnamed 'media personalities' (all with huge fences and their own landing strips - including one that has supposedly fled the big city and relocated here for the apocalypse!), plenty of clean, deep fresh water lake to go around with no sharks or rips, just no white sand beach with those emerald waves (which I still miss, but is only 3 hours away!). I love the entire panhandle, but I would never live there full-time again. Instead, I will visit as often as possible, but only to the most secretive of secluded spots and I renew my promise to those who have found this nirvana like I did that I shall never trash it or tell about the location, except to say that I have to bring the boat.
:D :razz: :D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Did someone say...UNABOMBER?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
Did someone say...UNABOMBER?

I think the Unabomber expressed some accurate thoughts of the future holds for us, but unfortunately, he took the wrong approach to getting people to read and understand his Manifesto.
I doubt that many people other than the FBI read the entire Manifesto. Perhaps, if he wrote it as a book and went to a publisher, things would be different, and he would be no different than many other great writers.

Now, where is that smilie of the Unabomber sitting beside himself?