• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
pgurney said:
That's a good idea, but I'd give the owner a chance to do something first. She/he may not know where her dogs are going and may not think that anybody has a problem with it. Some people just need to be made aware - could even be done through a letter.

Believe me, she knows exactly what her dogs are doing. She doesn't have to pick up her dogs' poop, so she is either A)extremely rude and thoughtless, or B)delusional and thinks the Poop Fairy taking care of the daily deposits!

Smiling JOe said:
the Deputies usually scope out potential violators with their binoculars long before you ever see them coming.
Are you serious? BTW if you have the tag at your house nearby, do you think they'd ticket you if you could run get it? I haven't gotten around to attaching it to my dog's collar, but I always bring it to FL in my laptop case.

Yeah, the woman who doesn't clean up poop needs a lesson. I'll admit there have been a few times I haven't brought the pooper-scooper with me (the dog wasn't due to poop), she pooped anyhow, I went back to the house to get the scooper, and then got sidetracked and totally forgot. You know, absent-minded professor.

Sorry, neighbors.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
I had the same problem when I lived down there! Weird. They were little poofy looking things. Anyway I put up a low, dark green, almost invisible "rabbit fence" from the Home Depot around the landscaping to keep the "neighborhood critters" from "eating the poisionous eucalyptus bushes" as I was 'terribly afraid it could hurt them" (wink! wink!)

I backed this up with a call to the pesky owner who denied all, but went wholeheartedly along with the dangerous bushes protection scheme, even paying for a portion of the fencing (five bucks or so)

once past the bylaws, a simple adjustment to the landscaping subsequently fixed the secondary access point and poof a poop-free yard

ain't greenscape wunnerful!

Here's another link:

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/default.asp?ID=29

If the sheriff wanted to be an a$$, s/he could do enforce the following rule:
"All animals must wear a collar, which identifies the owner of said animal, the owner?s address, and phone number, tattoo, or a microchip. To ensure proper notice, all tattoos shall be registered with the animal control authority. An officer may pick up any animal that is not properly identified and place said animal in the animal control shelter."

Do they have high-thread-count sheets in the shelter? YIKES! Time to put Pepper's Walton County license tag and microchip tag on her collar.

BTW it's Pepper's 1st birthday today! She's celebrating by having her favorite French vanilla yogurt from Dawson's.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
jdarg said:
Believe me, she knows exactly what her dogs are doing. She doesn't have to pick up her dogs' poop, so she is either A)extremely rude and thoughtless, or B)delusional and thinks the Poop Fairy taking care of the daily deposits!

Or she could be an absent-minded professor. :rotfl:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
Here's another link:

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/default.asp?ID=29

If the sheriff wanted to be an a$$, s/he could do enforce the following rule:
"All animals must wear a collar, which identifies the owner of said animal, the owner?s address, and phone number, tattoo, or a microchip. To ensure proper notice, all tattoos shall be registered with the animal control authority. An officer may pick up any animal that is not properly identified and place said animal in the animal control shelter."

Do they have high-thread-count sheets in the shelter? YIKES! Time to put Pepper's Walton County license tag and microchip tag on her collar.

BTW it's Pepper's 1st birthday today! She's celebrating by having her favorite French vanilla yogurt from Dawson's.
You have an external microchip to place on a collar? My dog's chip is under the skin, so from reading the rule you quote above, my dog does not have to wear his collar, except of course for the beach permit.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Smiling JOe said:
You have an external microchip to place on a collar? My dog's chip is under the skin, so from reading the rule you quote above, my dog does not have to wear his collar, except of course for the beach permit.

My 2 have them under the skin as well. But, I also have a big yellow tag for their collars. I got these from the micro-chip mfg. when I sent in my registration forms.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
Donna said:
Be aware that the State Park does not allow animals at all. Even a completely indoor animal in an RV---not allowed. They have had problems with pets (especially cats) that escaped. The owners would go home sans kittie, who then becomes feral. Dogs love the beach, but the reality is that unleashed animals and wildlife-protected areas are not a good mix. I wish the sheriff deputies were as good about patrolling our neighborhood areas other than the beach. A lady who lives across the lane from us allows her dogs to roam for their toilets and they have used the landscaped area next to our pool. That's really what I want to do on my rare trips to Grayton---admire the Gulf view before scooping up four months worth of her two dogs' poop. Any ideas about how this could be stopped? :dunno:

we had this problem with a neighbor letting their smaller dog poop around our mailbox when they would walk the dog about 4:30 or so in the morning. i waited for them on the porch one day, caught them, and told them i would be bringing my dog over for her morning poo in about an hour, and she weighs probably 4 times what their dog does. imagine the mess. they hurriedly picked the poo up with tissues from their pocket, and we've had no more problems.