• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Kurt-SJ,

I've never heard anything recorded by Dread Clampitt. What kind of stuff do they play?

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Smiling JOe said:
Bluegrass, and you can listen to some of there older songs here.:D

They sound great. Someone in that band sounds a whole lot like Bob Weir. :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Okay, okay, I admit it. It wasn't me. :lol:

Sniif sniiff....Molly is on the verge of figuring this one out!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Landlocked said:
They sound great. Someone in that band sounds a whole lot like Bob Weir. :clap_1:
Lord knows I learned most of my style from that boy too! There's a lot of us who did apparently...ole Bob sure knows some chords. You can imagine how happy we were to discover a band like that down in SoWal... good times!! And over the past few years we've seen them branch out all over, and garner fans up here. (We're proud we can say we heard them "back when.") They deserve it, they're actually one of the best bands in the circuit right now. Wishing I could be there for the CD release myself, but we're working ourselves...kick up some hay for us!

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
katie blue said:
Lord knows I learned most of my style from that boy too! There's a lot of us who did apparently...ole Bob sure knows some chords. You can imagine how happy we were to discover a band like that down in SoWal... good times!! And over the past few years we've seen them branch out all over, and garner fans up here. (We're proud we can say we heard them "back when.") They deserve it, they're actually one of the best bands in the circuit right now. Wishing I could be there for the CD release myself, but we're working ourselves...kick up some hay for us!

I just talked to a friend of mine who has played with those guys. He's in a small bluegrass band and they apparently opened for them. Small world!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Sueshore said:
Sniif sniiff....Molly is on the verge of figuring this one out!
I must've missed this saga, but I haven't been around the forum enough lately...Sueshore, your AWESOME avatar (which I love dearly and have already saved on my computer ;) was a stealth strike? I just can't stop looking at Miz Kitty whenever I see her... props to whoever did that. (Not to out anyone, but as far as i know, the only one who can change settings are you and the lovable Admin himself. I suppose someone could have supplied him with it though...)

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
Landlocked said:
I just talked to a friend of mine who has played with those guys. He's in a small bluegrass band and they apparently opened for them. Small world!
We almost had a co-bill with them at a top club here in ATL last month, but their schedule changed at the last minute. Drat!! We play the same fests as them, but I haven't actually met them yet. Who's your friends bluegrass band? (because it is a small world) ROllin in the Hay?

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
katie blue said:
We almost had a co-bill with them at a top club here in ATL last month, but their schedule changed at the last minute. Drat!! We play the same fests as them, but I haven't actually met them yet. Who's your friends bluegrass band? (because it is a small world) ROllin in the Hay?

They're not quite as big as Hay. They're a few guys who have played in a couple local bands around here. Alabama Gravy Soppers and another band named 4 Mile Post. Good guys and great music!