• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

DuneLaker

New posts
Pick up a copy of VIE magazine, she has a wonderful article on Pensacola's 450th anniversary. Complete with a horrible picture of me in front of a museum.
 
I 'm surprised there were any left when you got home. Destinscuba might have used them for crab bait. So, have you put it out yet?

Not yet, we'll probably swing by Publix tomorrow and get some "bait". I'll have to work out a deal with one of the local restaurants for old chicken.
 
That's a big a$$ grass!:floor:

Lots of different types of Palms are being planted around here, but here is just a little information on our so called state tree.

The Cabbage Palm (Sabal palmetto) - Description - State Tree (but not a true tree). Also known as Sabal Palm. A native monocot, grows to 90 feet. Seminoles used berries for medicinal remedies, frond stalks for utensils and arrows; fronds for mats and fiber. Cabbage palm savanna, although once abundant along Floridas south and southwest coast, is becoming increasingly rare due to the value of these areas for development.
 
Last edited:
Pick up a copy of VIE magazine, she has a wonderful article on Pensacola's 450th anniversary. Complete with a horrible picture of me in front of a museum.

Hey, you're playing the part of a good tourist. I have a number of other handsome pictures of you that I could post someday.
 
Lots of different types of Palms are being planted around here, but here is just a little information on our so called state tree.

The Cabbage Palm (Sabal palmetto) - Description - State Tree (but not a true tree). Also known as Sabal Palm. A native monocot, grows to 90 feet. Seminoles used berried for medicinal remedies, frond stalks for utensils and arrows; fronds for mats and fiber. Cabbage palm savanna, although once abundant along Floridas south and southwest coast, is becomking increasingly rare due to the value of these areas for development.

We're Lower Alabama, really, so can we make that null & void?:floor: Just kidding. I hope no one is taking me seriously, besides the fact that I don't like them here very much.
 
We're Lower Alabama, really, so can we make that null & void?:floor: Just kidding. I hope no one is taking me seriously, besides the fact that I don't like them here very much.

Actually Alabama used to be Florida. ;-)

I actually knew that fact before DL. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top