• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Expressions your mom used

New posts
And sitting too close to the tv...my mom always said...move back, your gonna get a stye in your eye.

I remember that one, you made me think of mom warning me that my face would freeze "that way" when I made a face. :lol:
 
Mother, "Hikey Mo". Which meant time to get up. That is what her Papa had always said. No one knows why but I still say it today. :wub:

What my dad said in the car, "Selina, slap her/him." She never did. :wub: Unless we talked back and then she did.
 
Mind your P's and Q's.
Straighten up and fly right.
Do what I say, not as I do.
Don't sass your Mother.
Your face will get stuck that way!
You got on clean britches?
You're a sweet devil.
Say, please, thank you, yes Maam and yes sir.
Ladies don't smoke cigarettes on the street or drink beer out of a bottle.
 
BB, you're too much mustard for one hot dog! :biggrin: This was always said by Big Daddy as he was shaking his head at me.
 
Last edited:
Mind your P's and Q's.
Straighten up and fly right.
Do what I say, not as I do.
Don't sass your Mother.
Your face will get stuck that way!
You got on clean britches?
You're a sweet devil.
Say, please, thank you, yes Maam and yes sir.
Ladies don't smoke cigarettes on the street or drink beer out of a bottle.

:welcome:back!!! Your tortilla soup has become legend. :biggrin:
 
So happy you like the Tortilla Soup. It is our favorite.

More sayings.

Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.
That dog don't hunt.
She has a most unfortunate(fill in the blank). Bless her heart.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top