• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
peapod et al, you mention fallback/emergency coffee. I am curious to know what that means. Is that a coffee which you keep in the cupboard for the time you screw up and run out of the usual brew (which probably also means that it is old and not so good because you use it only one or two times before buying more.)? Or, is it what you buy when the store runs out of your normal brand?

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
peapod et al, you mention fallback/emergency coffee. I am curious to know what that means. Is that a coffee which you keep in the cupboard for the time you screw up and run out of the usual brew (which probably also means that it is old and not so good because you use it only one or two times before buying more.)? Or, is it what you buy when the store runs out of your normal brand?
The latter, only it's because our Costco is 30 minutes from our house, and our local grocery store is 5 minutes.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal

I always keep extra coffee in the freezer. Seems to work at keeping it fresh...:dunno:

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
some of my words went missing????

I have been drinking tea lately but I think I will switch back.

Also,Cafe Bustelo is good.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Oh, I miss Community Coffee Bourbon Santos so much! In New Orleans, they sell it from the bins at Wal Mart. It is almost as good as La Minita, but half the price. Illy is our backup.

Seriously, though...the La Minita from Kitchenique is not to be missed. Please miss it, though...because they sometimes sell out and that sort of ruins my week.

I'm glad to hear others think Starbucks is bitter. I can't drink it without way more cream than I like to have.

Has anyone tried PJ's? Is their coffee New Orleans-esque? I really miss CC's and Rue de la Course.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I tried PJ's coffee, today. It was the flavor of the day, which was the Anniversary Blend. A medium roast with nice acidity and a solid chocolatey roast (not actual chocolate). Very good. I give that roast two thumbs up. The owners seem very nice. If I could drink it without having to leave my house to get the morning cup, I'd do it.

Not sure what you mean about it being NOLA-esque. I'm guessing you are referring to chicory, and I didn't notice it in that particular roast.