• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Re: ! nhuojn b

seaside gal said:
By far the best crab cakes, but the worst glob of potatoes and pile of field greens that are awful, cafe 335! Crab cakes are awsome, the potatoes and greens make me feel like "what the heck!" I PAID 20.00 FOR A CRAB CAKE THAT WAS DIVINE, THE SIDES :bang: SUCKED! :clap_1:The potatoes were yucky, the field greens tasted like grass. Not so good. Still like the place, they need to replace the side items. Potatoes yuck, field greens, yuck. need less starch, less grass

You sound like my husband!!! I also adore those crab cakes at Red Bar and Cafe 331...use to love those potatoes combined with the paneed chicken or fish. Husband says to look for the cement mixer behind the restaurants...that's got to be how they make the quanities of spuds! My trick was to order the cracb cakes TO GO last October and take them home and swoon over them while watching Beach TV!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

seaside gal said:
By far the best crab cakes, but the worst glob of potatoes and pile of field greens that are awful, cafe 335! Crab cakes are awsome, the potatoes and greens make me feel like "what the heck!" I PAID 20.00 FOR A CRAB CAKE THAT WAS DIVINE, THE SIDES :bang: SUCKED! :clap_1:The potatoes were yucky, the field greens tasted like grass. Not so good. Still like the place, they need to replace the side items. Potatoes yuck, field greens, yuck. need less starch, less grass

Just a word from a local about Red Bar / 331: lots and lots of us adore the mounds of Red Bar potatoes (fresh mashed red potatoes), and spring lettuce salad with a sweet tomato vinegarette dressing - maybe its a southern thing. Yes, it is way too much food but I will eat all the potatoes and leave the main entree if necessary! Whenever my aunt visits she always asks the waiter to leave off the salad and bring her an extra serving of potatoes (one serving is as big as my head).

I'm getting very hungry.... :lol:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

Tootsie said:
Just a word from a local about Red Bar / 331: lots and lots of us adore the mounds of Red Bar potatoes (fresh mashed red potatoes), and spring lettuce salad with a sweet tomato vinegarette dressing - maybe its a southern thing. Yes, it is way too much food but I will eat all the potatoes and leave the main entree if necessary! Whenever my aunt visits she always asks the waiter to leave off the salad and bring her an extra serving of potatoes (one serving is as big as my head).

I wish Red Bar would share that salad dressing recipe- it always hits the spot!

Sheila

SoWal Insider

Tootsie said:

If we go to Red Bar or 331 and by some fluke of nature have any leftover 'taters, my husband always makes us "tater buggers" for breakfast the next day!
Yep! it's a "Southern thing" they're real good too! We all draw straws to see who has to leave some so we can have the buggers the next morning! UMMM,UMMM good!;-)

Apr 16, 2005
Buckeye Country
I just posted something about the tastiest mashed potatoes on another thread. I guess I'm not the only one! I had the grilled grouper and hubby had the eggplant at the Red Bar. He didn't get taters so I shared. There was plenty! Mmmmmmmm.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Oh the best is when you go to the Red Bar and you have someone going back home that will take back your leftovers. After a night of drinking...leftover Panned Chicken is the best. And if you're super gross...eat them for breakfast. But don't let the leftovers sit in the car overnight. Have a boring buddy take them home. But make sure you write your name on the box. Because if you don't- it's fair game. Happens every time!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
erron

Status
Not open for further replies.