• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbb

Beach Crab
Feb 24, 2005
thanks

Had to be ten years ago or so. We came accross a small little twon that had a bunch of shops and was really close to the water and I can't remember where it was. If i said we were looking for a town or area to walk to dinner, maybe has some night life, shops and wabsn't too large, any idea of a place like that. Can be upscale or just plain , just want a great family vacation.

Re: thanks

wbb said:
Had to be ten years ago or so. We came accross a small little twon that had a bunch of shops and was really close to the water and I can't remember where it was. If i said we were looking for a town or area to walk to dinner, maybe has some night life, shops and wabsn't too large, any idea of a place like that. Can be upscale or just plain , just want a great family vacation.

Grayton Beach. It's only 1 maybe 2 miles west of Seaside and Water Color. Check Kurts listings for houses though.

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
HEY taterbaby, our family really likes Pandoras in Grayton Beach for steaks. The fun part about the resturant is the outdoor tiki bar , a local man Gene Mitchells plays music. He is a Jimmy Buffet type guy and super nice, we have gone to see him every year. The twiced baked potato there cant be beat and our kids love going :clap_1: have fun in the sun!!!! :cool:

seagrovelover said:
HEY taterbaby, our family really likes Pandoras in Grayton Beach for steaks. The fun part about the resturant is the outdoor tiki bar , a local man Gene Mitchells plays music. He is a Jimmy Buffet type guy and super nice, we have gone to see him every year. The twiced baked potato there cant be beat and our kids love going :clap_1: have fun in the sun!!!! :cool:

This is another one I've seen and never stopped at. Next time it's a must :cool:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
kurt said:
The Wheel House is basic and cheap. Big breakfast and lunch crowd - lots of pickups. They have a lunch buffet that's usually fried chicken, fish, a few veggies, salad, soup, desert. The menu is burgers, fried seafood, etc.

Kurt,

I don't know if you have been the the Wheel House lately, but I would NOT recommend it. We've been there several times through the years. The last time was a few weeks ago for lunch. The food was beyond disgusting. The lunch buffet is popular with construction workers in the area because it is quick and convenient. However, the food is quantity, not quality. You are better off eating a peanut butter sandwhich.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Camp Creek Kid said:
Kurt,

I don't know if you have been the the Wheel House lately, but I would NOT recommend it. We've been there several times through the years. The last time was a few weeks ago for lunch. The food was beyond disgusting. The lunch buffet is popular with construction workers in the area because it is quick and convenient. However, the food is quantity, not quality. You are better off eating a peanut butter sandwhich.

I like their fried chicken when it's hot. It's all pretty mediocre and they do a ton of lunch business. It could be sooooo much better. SoWal is lacking some of the really good family style restaurants they have in say, Birmingaham. Catfish Cabin, Hamburger Heaven, Lloyd's, etc. A good buffet on 98 would be packed packed packed.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
FoX said:
I like their fried chicken when it's hot. It's all pretty mediocre and they do a ton of lunch business. It could be sooooo much better. SoWal is lacking some of the really good family style restaurants they have in say, Birmingaham. Catfish Cabin, Hamburger Heaven, Lloyd's, etc. A good buffet on 98 would be packed packed packed.

If I lived in Birmingham I would have an extra 50. :blush:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
RiverOtter said:
Just saw Kurt's pics of the 331. Is it any good? I always thought of it as a tourist trap kind of a restaurant and never stopped there. Doesn't the Red Bar guy own it? :dunno:

Yes it is very similar to the Red Bar food with a few extra items and a Sushi bar. Great Bay views from inside and the outdoor decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.