• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Oooh, Minnie, I wish I lived close..we would come and take them all. I LOVE fresh pecans. I always buy them when I'm down south. I love to make pecan pie. We had walnut trees growng up but they were such a pain.

I :love: pecans and walnuts. I need to buy some walnuts for the holidays. I bet it was funn playing in the orchard trees when you were a kid. They look so romantic. :dunno: Like a storybook painting or something.

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
I am thankful that Mom can start rehab because her hip is healing well. So her prognosis is better than I expected.

The bad news is that because of her AD, she will never go home again -- we will have to find a nursing home for her for the rest of her life (because finding private 24/7 care is just impractical to manage if those managing it have jobs that would be in jeopardy if a caregiver gets ill, not to mention the cost of 24/7 care which most people charge more than minimum wage for), find a realtor to sell her house, and organize an estate sale to sell most of her possessions.

:cry: Alzheimer's stinks. Mom is otherwise healthy. I have learned a lot --Alzheimer's is more than memory loss -- it makes a person dysfunctional -- they lose their cognitive skills - can't folllow instructions -- can't concentrate enough to even watch TV or read -- can't even carry on a conversation -- they don't care about their family's problems, but more disturbing is that they are oblivious to their own bleak situation. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

In one of Mom's more lucid moments at Dr. Hart's office a few months ago(Steele Mama, do you know him -- internal medicine at Papp Clinic at Thomas Crossroads?) , she asked him, "When I get to the point where I have to go into a nursing home, will I know it?" He smiled and kindly said, "Thankfully, not." I had no idea that would be the case. But that is the case now.:sosad:
Did any of you see on CNN the other night the report about Sandra O'conner the Supreme Court Judge? It seems her husband has Alzheimers and has "fallen in love " with someone else. Anderson Cooper interviewed others that this has happen to.
Sorry about your mom BR. The flip side is my 1st cousin's (that is like a sister to me) husband who is only 61 is completely bedridden. Has a feeding tube,a cathader(spell check) wears diapers, can't eat but maybe 3 or 4 bits that she feeds him (soft stuff) can't even hold a sippy cup any more. BUt His mind is sharp as a tack.. He's trapped in that body.He has Shad Drear (NOt spelled right)Cancer. When he got the feeding tube the doctor said your prolonginga low quality of life. But she couldn't just let him lie there and starve to death. He has constant pain and only weights 75 lbs. He trys so hard to talk,only she can realy understand what he's saying and its getting much harder for her to even do that.He has no way of communicating, can't hold a pencil or anything.So sad!

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
I like taking my pecans and getting them shelled, you still have to pick through them but they are a lot easier.
do i have 300 post yet???????????????????????