• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Anyone have a pic to share? We are getting to that point in construction. $$ is dwindling, so BUDGET is always in mind.

Thanks
G

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Anyone have a pic to share? We are getting to that point in construction. $$ is dwindling, so BUDGET is always in mind.

Thanks
G

Don't rush into it, but you may want to consider using a concrete backing so tile would be simple. A little costlier than drywall, but it's worth it in the long run.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
we originally did not have a backsplash, but lately decided that we really needed one. we are NOT handy, and did not want to spend a lot of $$. we found a terrific product at Home Depot in the kitchen cabinet area. it is some kind of vinyl or plastic that is made to look exactly like vintage pressed tin. our son used it in a nickel finish in his tn condo - HD had it in stock along with all of the edges, tape, etc - you trim it with a scissors. we have a white kitchen here, and ordered it in gloss white - it is awesome!! i think you can also get it in a paintable finish. they have a brochure that shows you what is available - copper, stainless, etc etc. some they stock, some you have to order. we installed it about a year ago and could not be happier with it. looks great - easy to install - easy cleanup. inexpensive. i may be able to find a picture of our son's backsplash to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

tralman

Beach Comber
Jun 4, 2008
Backsplash on our house

Thanks
G

We used Holly Shipman to do one in our Rosemary Beach house. She has a great eye for this, and is very reasonable. Her number is 850-510-6777

Sophiasnana

Beach Comber
Jan 3, 2010
Destin
Thanks to everyone who answered my question?

Now My next question is for those of you who installed your own kitchen backsplash.

Did you rent a wet saw?

Did you buy the installation tools sponges, trowels, grout floats, buckets etc.?

What part of the process did you enjoy the most?

On a scale of 1 to 10 1 being you disliked completely to 10 you really enjoyed running a wet saw or a score and snap cutter?

Last question for now, If you could have had your entire kitchen backsplash delivered to your door already custom designed to fit your kitchen backsplash area, every tile was already precut to fit the entire area within 1/16" of an inch (Perfect Fit) all over, along with all of the materials and supplies required to install it and lets say you also would have been able to install all of it within hours, all of this lets say for 150.00 to 200.00 dollars more then what you paid to cut it yourself would you have been interested? You would also be minus the wet saw, mess, noise etc.

I will post a picture of an example of a kitchen backsplash that was precut and installed in six hours just as an example.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/memb...cksplashes-pic17867-kitchenbacksplash079.html

Last edited:

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Thanks to everyone who answered my question?

Now My next question is for those of you who installed your own kitchen backsplash.

Did you rent a wet saw?

Did you buy the installation tools sponges, trowels, grout floats, buckets etc.?

What part of the process did you enjoy the most?

On a scale of 1 to 10 1 being you disliked completely to 10 you really enjoyed running a wet saw or a score and snap cutter?

Last question for now, If you could have had your entire kitchen backsplash delivered to your door already custom designed to fit your kitchen backsplash area, every tile was already precut to fit the entire area within 1/16" of an inch (Perfect Fit) all over, along with all of the materials and supplies required to install it and lets say you also would have been able to install all of it within hours, all of this lets say for 150.00 to 200.00 dollars more then what you paid to cut it yourself would you have been interested? You would also be minus the wet saw, mess, noise etc.

I will post a picture of an example of a kitchen backsplash that was precut and installed in six hours just as an example.

austintilelady's Album: Kitchen Backsplashes - Picture - City-Data Forum

My son and I purchased a cheap wet tile saw years ago for the same price of a rental and have used it many times since then. You can't have too many tools.

FREE SHIPPING ? Northern Industrial Wet Tile Saw ? 7in. Blade Size | Tile Saws | Northern Tool + Equipment

Sophiasnana

Beach Comber
Jan 3, 2010
Destin
Wet Saws in Highrises?

My son and I purchased a cheap wet tile saw years ago for the same price of a rental and have used it many times since then. You can't have too many tools.

FREE SHIPPING ? Northern Industrial Wet Tile Saw ? 7in. Blade Size | Tile Saws | Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks for the link to the wet saw. I am sure the people that like cutting tiles will enjoy that. Part of my question was would you have been interested in a precut kitchen backsplash as I mentioned before or did you just really enjoy running the wet saw and guessing at the outcome of your kitchen backsplash? Also are you in a highrise or house?

Thanks for the link to the wet saw. I am sure the people that like cutting tiles will enjoy that. Part of my question was would you have been interested in a precut kitchen backsplash as I mentioned before or did you just really enjoy running the wet saw and guessing at the outcome of your kitchen backsplash? Also are you in a highrise or house?

If you are selling kitchen backsplashs, why don't you just come out and say it instead of trying (not to successfully) to lead people into your sales pitch?! :dunno:

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I have backsplashes installed by professionals (one cut in their work warehouse and one cut in my front yard). Was this a sales pitch?