• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
I know this post Wil have comments from both sides of the fence. How many of you secretly still enjoy a fried Bologna Sandwich? Wondering if anyone out there is still down to earth enough to admit it?

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
I`m not ashamed to admit it. Nothing like a thick cut of bologna fried up in a cast iron skillet and topped off with a slice of cheddar. A little lettuce, tomato and mayo and I`m all over it.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Sounds better than raw but never had either and never will. What is it anyway? I don't think I want to know but have a morbid curiosity.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It just can't be better than fried spam, can it?

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Love love fried Bologna( don't forget to slit it first), fresh Maters,and slice of onion and Mayo....two please......

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
There was / is a German Place in Niceville where you can actually buy high quality bologna from the old country.

Mines on Rye with Good Mustard.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
led it Kentucky steak.
Bologna sausage, sometimes phonetically spelled baloney (/bəˈloʊni/),[1] known in Europe as a Lyoner, is a sausage derived from mortadella, a similar-looking, finely ground pork sausage containing cubes of lard, originally from the Italian city of Bologna (IPA: [boˈloɲɲa] ( listen)). Aside from pork, bologna can alternatively be made out of chicken, turkey, beef, venison, combined or soy protein. Typical seasoning for bologna includes black pepper, nutmeg, allspice, celery seed, coriander, and like mortadella, myrtle berries give it its distinctive flavor.[2] U.S. Government regulations require American bologna to be finely ground[3] and without visible pieces of lard.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Love love fried Bologna( don't forget to slit it first), fresh Maters,and slice of onion and Mayo....two please......

I have not had a fried bolonga sandwich in about forty years, but recall my grandpa making them for me when I was a kid. He was a rebel and cut no slit, resulting in a satisfying doming of the meat as it trapped steam then "pop" after critical mass was reached. I loved it!