• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Seagrove Market does takeout, too. My favorite grilled grouper sandwich on 30a. Good sushi at Old Florida. Steamed shrimp with Old Bay spice from Goatfeathers II. I second the Cocoon's recommendation - as far as I know it is now the only BBQ available on the east end of 30A since Carpenter's Mkt in Rosemary closed.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Santiago said:
Spicy Noodle pizza in Inlet Beach is certainly better than Bruno's and as good as Angelinas. They have pasta dishes that will feed two as well.

Thanks for the reminder. We tried Spicy Noodle when we were there in August and liked it. At the time we thought, "we should get take-out from here." And it's about as close to us as Seagrove.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
We like Bruno's pizza a lot---wish we had one here, in fact. Their Greek salad is enough for two, easily and quite tasty. All the pizzas are good. They also deliver, but sometimes hours are limited during off-season.

D&K Cafe at Grayton will sell their gumbo, which is the best seafood gumbo that I've ever had. I have schlepped over there with a big kitchen pot a few times when we were expecting company. Call ahead and Doug will tell you if they have enough to spare. (They don't take credit cards or out-of-town checks, though.)

We are also guilty of buying a bucket of KFC fried chicken (none of their side dish action) and loading it onto a pretty platter at the house. Coupled with corn on the cob, watermelon slices, and a couple of salads from Publix or Modica, it makes a fine and easy meal. There is a KFC in Freeport, if you're traveling on Hwy. 331, and several along U.S. 98 in South Walton.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
We bought the family fried chicken dinner from Publix and it was very good--I think it was ten pieces in total, plus King's Hawaiian rolls, and 2 sides. We got the cole slaw and red potato salad. The fried chicken was good cold, too. It was just my husband and me at the beach and we got 2 dinners and two lunches out of that chicken bucket! Not bad. Publix also does a very good job with their sub sandwiches, especially the Cuban.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Santiago said:
Spicy Noodle pizza in Inlet Beach is certainly better than Bruno's and as good as Angelinas. They have pasta dishes that will feed two as well.

Different strokes for different folks, but I had not had Bruno's until recently and my ranking is: 1. Bruno's 2. Spicy Noodle 3. Angelina's

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Donna said:
There is a KFC in Freeport, if you're traveling on Hwy. 331, and several along U.S. 98 in South Walton.

Where? I know there is a Taco Bell/KFC near Winn Dixie in Sandestin, but that is the only one which I have seen around here. Maybe there is one in Defuniak Springs?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
STL Don said:
Different strokes for different folks, but I had not had Bruno's until recently and my ranking is: 1. Bruno's 2. Spicy Noodle 3. Angelina's

To me, a restaurant is no better than its staff and the manner in which a customer is treated. I gave Bruno's a couple of chances too many, and they failed miserably 100%.

Smiling JOe said:
To me, a restaurant is no better than its staff and the manner in which a customer is treated. I gave Bruno's a couple of chances too many, and they failed miserably 100%.
Gosh, they're always so nice to us at Bruno's. Maybe because I call in so often that they recognize my voice? I likes me my healthy food, but sometimes I just want a calorific pizza with ingredients that I can't get at home. Although I am PO'd that they have replaced the Roma tomatoes with cherry tomatoes - bad move.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Beach Runner said:
Gosh, they're always so nice to us at Bruno's. Maybe because I call in so often that they recognize my voice? I likes me my healthy food, but sometimes I just want a calorific pizza with ingredients that I can't get at home. Although I am PO'd that they have replaced the Roma tomatoes with cherry tomatoes - bad move.

Believe me, the ingredients at Bruno's can be purchase elsewhere, and I can cook a pretty good pizza.

However, if you are searching for pizza, perhaps you should try Amore in Gulf Place, located above the business, formerly known as Abbott.

Smiling JOe said:
Believe me, the ingredients at Bruno's can be purchase elsewhere, and I can cook a pretty good pizza.

However, if you are searching for pizza, perhaps you should try Amore in Gulf Place, located above the business, formerly known as Abbott.
I'm a great cook, but not a baker. The pre-made crusts at the grocery store don't cut it with me. I also don't like the pre-cooked chicken strips at the grocery store. Any suggestions?

K - we'll try Amore, although it's more than 1/2 mile from my house.