• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Franny-- thanks for the best wishes! How odd that I thought Sugar Dunes was in Seagrove. I guess its because it's posted that way on VBRO.com, but as yet, since its a recent rental, we don't have direct information on how to get there yet. Doesn't matter, the whole area is wonderful, we've visited for 30 yrs. Would live there except for family. Still, we love Fairhope too! Do you know it also, or just Gulf Shores?

We visited Fairhope a couple of years ago and loved the area, so pretty and the downtown was very charming. Sugar Dunes would be considered Seagrove, so you are right on track. Be sure and check out Eastern Lake to the west of Sugar Dunes, but most of all....:chill:!!

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
We love Fairhope too, we used to visit a second hand store right in the center of town. We stayed at Marriott's Point Clear, until one day our little car ventured just a bit further into Florida and we fell in love with the Panhandle. Have a wonderful time, you will have a short drive. Sometimes I think about recreating our days at that grande ole place.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
I truly love Fairhope. My brother, a sailor, lives there and we visit often. I wonder what ever happened to the gentleman that would put out the sign advertising his fresh doughnuts or muffins. He wasn't there last time. Also we could not find the coffee shop that sold the iced coffee Fairhope Float. We are planning another trip with lots of extened family at the Grand in ealy Fall. Have you ever witnessed a Jubilee? My family and I just bounce back and forth between Fairhope and Gryton. Have a Happy, Happy birthday...

grammyc

Beach Comber
jensieblue--Yes! We have witnessed a jubilee! It was a real thrill, to say the least. Mostly crabs and flounders that night, and it wasn't even since we've lived here. It was many years ago when we (sailors also) sailed from Mobile Bay across to Fairhope. When we arrived the action started up just like they were waiting for us. It was unbeleivable. We had a few coolers on board and many canvas bags, so just anchored and used gloves and feet to capture the treats. It was well into the morn. next day arriving back to Mobile Yacht Club to end the trip. Have not seen one since, but they are always happening in late summer, due to the oxigen levels in the water and some phenominon to do with the gulf stream. Glad you asked, takes me back! Diane

cowboys_fans

Beach Crab
Jun 10, 2008
Rockwall, TX
GrammyC - we are coming to SoWal in early August, but are thinking about staying in Fairhope on our way in. Can you give me any recommendations for hotels, inns, etc in that area? Thanks!

kloli

Beach Lover
May 8, 2006
SoWal Local
:welcome: Hi cowboys fan! I am a big fan myself....in fact, I was thinking about using that exact avatar. I went with a starfish instead...thought it would satisfy my obsession enough. Now I'm jealous. :blush:

I lived in Fairhope for awhile and I would highly recommend the Grand Hotel Marriott, directly on the bay, and Fairhope Inn, a quaint B&B and wonderful restaurant located in the center of downtown Fairhope. For a less expensive stay, there is the Holiday Inn Express located out on the main Road (Greeno Rd...I think). It's quick and easy...and very nice. Have a good time!

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Fairhope and Grayton

I have never witnessed a jubilee but I hope to see this one day. You have a fabulous birthday. May I suggest you treat yourself to the wonderful breakfast at the Hibiscus B & B in Grayton beach. It is a short drive from Seacrest and well worth the effort. Turn off 30A the Grayton Beach sign. This is beyond the Grayton State Park sign. After turning off 30 A the Hibiscus will be on your left. The breakfast and the ambiance are wonderful. If you ever come back in the Fall, we come down every Thanksgiving....Look for the Birmingham and Tennessee tags...:welcome:

grammyc

Beach Comber
Cowboy-Fans--ditto on the already mentioned spots, and since you mentioned shopping, we have a newish I-10 Shopping complex at the Malbis exit or exit 34. the exit before that is open too with more shopping(Bass pro shop etc.(Ithink) but anyway, lots of new hotel chains going up daily. Hope you find something to your liking. Whatever you do, try to get done to Fairhope proper atleast one day, you will really enjoy it! Enjoy, Diane