grammyc from fairhope

Discussion in 'Say Hello to SoWal!' started by grammyc, Jun 27, 2008.

1. CPort

CPort Beach Fanatic

what is the name of the big veggie market when you take the Gulf Shores exit?? I stop there when going to Jacksonville. Their apple dumpling is to die for!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2008
  2. ThirtyAGal

ThirtyAGal Beach Lover

Diane - Does Jimmy Buffett's sister, Lulu, still have a restaurant in that area? I believe that I heard she closed it.

3. grammyc

grammyc Beach Comber

ThirtyAGal - Yes she does. Its at a different location on the intercoastal waterway in Gulf Shores under the canal bridge, complete with world class marina where you can sit at two different bars or most all tables and see these huge yacht go in and out or just pull your small (lol) yacht up to the dock, tie up and come in for one of those world famous buffett burgers. Fried green tomatoes and crab claws are still my favorites, but all the food is good. It just has one drawback. At the old location (very small and laidback) very close to my house, you might just show up on any given night and find Jimmy there playing for the locals. It was great! Most times it was for someones birthday, usually MOM, but shes gone now and the new place is atleast 10 times larger and security would be a nightmare. It's definitely a great place to go, and THEY DO,all year, so I generally pick late fall and just before spring break to visit a lot. She has a website that's fun, just can't remember what its called.

4. grammyc

grammyc Beach Comber

CP--I'm guessing that market would be The BURRIS Market in robertsdale just off I-10. I know its still there, but haven't been that way lately. Its an OLD family outfit that's pretty famous. All the produce locally is really good this year because of the rain, try the white sweet corn It's to die for. Diane :D

5. jensieblue

jensieblue Beach Fanatic

I've never done the Buffett burger...I'll have to get my family down to check that out..Sounds great...