• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachyQueen

Beach Comber
May 28, 2007
Wow. I am all about the laid back, low profile, anti-condo building along our beautiful coastlines. That said, we just returned from the Grand Opening Celebration at the Emerald Grande on the Destin Harbor. It has been built whether we like it or not and we were invited. I wasn't expecting too much but all I can say is WOW. What a great night. Crazy cirque-de-soliel type entertainers (I especially liked the guy in the big "bubble" on the pool!), food everywhere, lots of drinks, and a great fireworks show accompanied by a live orchestra. Pretty impressive. I got a special sneek peak at the Spa and Fitness Center (not completed yet) and it is going to put all the other places in town to shame. Amazing. The pool decks overlooking the harbor are really fantastic. It will be a great place for weddings (a special sun deck area with a big grand staircase would be perfect for a ceremony and the rest of the decks could accommodate a huge reception!).
Just thought I'd pass it along for those who may be curious.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Glad to hear you had a good time. It must be nicer inside than it looks outside. IMO, it is one ugly building!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
IMO, it is one ugly building!

Ditto. The building is a monstoruous out-of-place Toontown condo caricature that transforms the Destin Bridge Crossing from what once was an idyllic "Oh my goodness" experience into a jarring "What in the Hell is That?" episode.

Excerpts from the Area Mullet Wrapper adds to the condo's Fellini-esque aura:

----------------------------
Bos, the CEO and president of Legendary Inc., said the event was designed to make a permanent impression.

It doesn’t get any better than this, worldwide,” Bos said after shaking hands with an entertainer parading around the pool deck on stilts.

The goal here is to make something beautiful that’s also significant,” said Bos, this time standing underneath an elevated platform with a dancer on it.

Meanwhile, a costumed employee inside a giant hamster ball rolled himself across the surface of the outdoor pool.

“It sets a standard and it’s my way of giving back.”

-------------------------

I understand Bos' next condo theme centers around "a lady and her donkey show."

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I couldn't resist this lead from the NW Florida Daily News:funn:

DESTIN - Makeup, hair and pearls are in place. All she needs is a handbag and heels.

Emerald Grande, the high-rise condo that developer Peter Bos has likened to a woman just out of the shower, is finally ready for her night on the town.

The twin towers, which loom over HarborWalk Village and East Pass, are largely finished and set to host a lavish grand opening next week.

"We're the hood ornament of the area," said Bos, president and CEO of Legendary Inc. "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. We really wanted to make a statement."

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
They made a statement for sure. It says "Look at me ruin the beautiful landscape!" It kinda reminds me of a big nasty wart on the backside of that woman getting out of the shower.

Last edited:

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Oct 28, 2005
A local
That building is just horrible. Just horrible. I would hate to know someone who has bought one of those unite. PB has never been known to build a solid building, in fact, all his buildings leak like crazy.

However, this specidic building, none of the woodwork etc is guaranteed by the people who did it because it was not climatized (no windoes, etc) before they began installation.

The construction site is so bad that they are offering rewards to the contractors who see the "undocument workers" not using the port a potties. That is a HUGE problem. Just HUGE.

But, I guess you could look at it in a positive way... In 20 years, maybe someoen will open up the walls and announce they have Pablo's poop preserved!!!

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Ditto. The building is a monstoruous out-of-place Toontown condo caricature that transforms the Destin Bridge Crossing from what once was an idyllic "Oh my goodness" experience into a jarring "What in the Hell is That?" episode.

Excerpts from the Area Mullet Wrapper adds to the condo's Fellini-esque aura:

----------------------------
Bos, the CEO and president of Legendary Inc., said the event was designed to make a permanent impression.

?It doesn?t get any better than this, worldwide,? Bos said after shaking hands with an entertainer parading around the pool deck on stilts.

?The goal here is to make something beautiful that?s also significant,? said Bos, this time standing underneath an elevated platform with a dancer on it.

Meanwhile, a costumed employee inside a giant hamster ball rolled himself across the surface of the outdoor pool.

?It sets a standard and it?s my way of giving back.?

-------------------------

I understand Bos' next condo theme centers around "a lady and her donkey show."

This is probably one of your best quotes...ever.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
When Peter was designing planning the building, he noticed the lack of restrooms in the public areas of other condo buildings. After a long drive to the beach, that is the first thing that people really notice. His statement was that he wanted to have the bathrooms in the public area so nice, that people would say, "oh, sh_t!" when they walked in the door.