• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sunshine said:
We went for dinner one night last week and enjoyed everything-
shrimp bisque, watercress salad, triggerfish and buffalo rib-eye. All good. :clap_1:
Glad to hear it. I thought that when I go for dinner, my first entree will be the Buffalo Ribeye.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Allifunn said:
my plans are to do some research over the next year and look into moving
down there...couldn't work at Watercolor yet...also thinking about the St. Pete area

There are plenty of restaurants that would hire you.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Whet, noo lubsterr? Whe shall bee hafing zee lubsterr and zee kohbeh steek fur valuntinez dey, soo whe shall nut bee eatinge at ziz plaze! Whe shall bee upon zee beach is zee moonlite shurin han buttle off vine whine - eef eet doosnut peur zee chats und dugs!

sea ya!

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
Just for the record..I also loved my Kobe Beef burger at Gravel Road. It was big but I could have eaten 3 of them it was so good. Shawn is from Philly and the cheese steak is authentic...I tasted it...gooo ood. My better half had the chicken pot pie which was amazing and perfect for this weather. It was nice to have options that were not the typical tourist stuff...some real food. Although I like the grouper and crabcake stuff it is good to have variety.

I get a little tired of creole fusion or whatever they like to call the fancy seafood stuff they serve everywhere here.

Hurray for Gravel Road. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
I like the name too :clap_1:

Steeleing3

Beach Comber
Oct 11, 2005
Oyster Lake
HEY! I have had lunch there twice! My sister and I shared the crabcake and spring rolls. (AWEsome!!) Then the second time I tried the UP-side down pizza, (Shawn's specialty) and the drouper sandwich. (SOOO goooood!!!) They seem to be doing really well. I am very happy for them and so proud of those guys! I am definitely gonna try out dinner soon. YUMMOLA!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Steeleing3 said:
HEY! I have had lunch there twice! My sister and I shared the crabcake and spring rolls. (AWEsome!!) Then the second time I tried the UP-side down pizza, (Shawn's specialty) and the drouper sandwich. (SOOO goooood!!!) They seem to be doing really well. I am very happy for them and so proud of those guys! I am definitely gonna try out dinner soon. YUMMOLA!

Hey there #3...give some details on that upside down pizza!!!!

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
i had dinner at gravel road tonight before the concert at seaside. WOW, i am so glad for a restaurant like this. great food, attentive service by keri, relaxed atmosphere, and good music.

i started with the crabcake. nicely presented on the tomato confit, surrounded by the mustard sauce and the truffled frisee oil. man, the confit was rich, you needed the mustard to cut the sweetness. nice dish, able to stand on it's own.

for my entree, i ordered just the vegetables from numerous entrees. i asked if this was going to be a hassle. no problem. i got the spinach, asparagus, polenta, rice and squash.

baby spinach, tossed fleetingly in the pan so as not to wilt, seasoned with s/p, just the right amount, eaten in it's entirety, first.

pencil asparagus, same. tossed and seasoned.

crispy sundried tomato polenta cake, awesome, not overdone with too many tomatoes. and crispy is right, quite inventive.

marscapone cheese wild rice. i expected it to be thick with cheese, and it wasn't. light, but hints of the cheese swirling around. and the rice not overcooked, left a little chewy. i can't stand mushy rice.

butternut squash raqout. my favorite of the bunch. slowly sweated onions in this, and the squash just shy of carmelization. awesome.

for dessert, i had the orange and cinnamon creme brulee. served cool, and i tasted the orange, but no cinnamon. firm on top, thick runny on the botton, like ripe triple cream, cheeses.

needless to say, i will be back often. as you will, after you've been there once.

jr

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jr...that was one of the best descriptions of a meal I have ever read!!! :clap_1:

I could almost taste each morsel! I know you are busy enough, but you should be a writer!