• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
What abandoned buggies, as in people leaving their baskets and saying forget it, I will wait until another day! Probably won't be one to be found to be abandoned.

As in parked while they wander through the store looking for items and bring them back to it. Rather than push the cart along each aisle as they shop. It's most annoying.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Publix at Grand Boulevard was kickin butt Tuesday afternoon at 5:30. I can't imagine it this weekend. :blink:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
SJ, it's time for the season of your favorite sport--dodge the abandoned buggy parked in the middle of the aisle. :rotfl:

I'm at peace with the world, and it no longer bothers me. Been practicing at Wal-mart on Saturdays.

So will Publix have no inventory when we get there on Sunday afternoon?:dunno:
They will have inventory, just a limited selection.

Based on what I've seen in the past, they will be out of most of the following:

Doritos, Lays Potato Chips (other than salt and vinegar), Whole Milk, 2% milk, many imported beers by the 12 pack, other than the ever popular American rice beers like Budweiser (Budweiser will probably keep a truck on site, replenishing as needed.), many brands of bread (so don't get too good for Bunny Bread), frozen pizzas, sliced cheese (y'all be nice to the ladies working in the deli counter), pre-sliced sandwich meats. Other than those items, all should be good.

Here's a map of Publix Seagrove. Hope it saves you a little time. I am OCD that I make up my grocery list is order of aisles at my local grocery store.

SEAGROVE BEACH PUBLIX
Deli
Dried Fruit
Fruit Drinks
Gourmet Cheese
Produce
Orange Juice

EthnicCanned Veg.CookiesCandy

PharmacyCosmetics

SaucesMags.Cards

CondimentsSpicesSoupOil

FrozenVeg.

BreadCoffeeCerealJelly

FrozenEntrees

CleanPet

FrozenPastries

PaperProducts

Frozen
Sweets

WineBeerCold Cuts

DairyWaterChips
WineCokes

I was too lazy to edit it properly.:blush:

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Girl, you need to put the cold foods at the end of the run, so they don't get hot while waiting for people to move out of the way. Also, add Rice, Pastas to Isle 4, and to Isle 1, add sunscreen. Good list. Very accurate. That particular store has little rhyme and rhythm, and tourists are always trying to find stuff.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I start near the deli section, then do a loop around the exterior, hit the wine section, then go up and down every aisle until my list is complete.

I always forget which aisles pasta, rice, etc. are in so I actually save time just going down them anyway! :D