• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Y'all are mean.

Don't cross a wench! :D Come on down and enjoy, JB. It has been extra beautiful the past two weeks!!!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
For the "water worriers" such as myself, these images are quite encouraging.

SST imagery from one week ago:
gm_07apr27_0200_multi.png

...and from today:
gm_07may03_0301_multi.png

beachpirate

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2007
Montgomery
Im taking my wife on a get away for a week around the 20th of may. I wonder how the water temp and stuff in the water will be then?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Went swimming Monday, and I don't care for cold water. OK, I had to do the thing where you plunge in once you get to about knee deep, but after the initial chill it was fine. Swam out to the sand bar and hung out there for awhile. Water was nice and clear, very earliest traces of junegrass, but nothing to worry about. As long as the weather cooperates, you will be fine:cool:

beachpirate

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2007
Montgomery
Thanks... I really hope that the grass holds off for at least the first few days of our trip. Im hoping to do some surf fishing too.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Just got back from the beach. Took a risk and went in the water up to my hips. My legs went numb. Saw one piece of June grass on the beach.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
One word comes to mind as I read this thread....SHRINKAGE. :eek: :D ;-)

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Just got back from the beach. Took a risk and went in the water up to my hips. My legs went numb. Saw one piece of June grass on the beach.

Did you pick it up and save it for JB? :dunno: ;-)

Last edited:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Did you pick it up and save it for JB? :dunno: ;-)

eheh. A little June grass never hurt anyone. But last year the stuff was like pea soup. Some kind of algea explosion I guess.

I am fully confident the gulf will be "swimmable" by this time next week. If not, I'll just need to put away six or seven beers before I jump in.

And on shrinkage, I'm already pretty "shrunk" so in my case, it doesn't matter.