• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
This is an excellent, pertinent discussion of extremely inconsiderate behavior. And, as noted, it's everywhere these days.

Shelly, et al, you may not need to go abroad to find what you're after ....http://www.cell-phone-jammers.com/midium_power-jammer.html#jammer

It looks like they are only available in India, but fear not. I have an employee in India so I can always get him to buy it and ship it to the US. He's got paypal and shipments usually take about 2-3 weeks.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
It looks like they are only available in India, but fear not. I have an employee in India so I can always get him to buy it and ship it to the US. He's got paypal and shipments usually take about 2-3 weeks.

The site says they ship to the USA.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
I agree completely with the above.

This is not as important as a fine dining restaurant (or restaurant of any kind, really), but I have often wanted to ram my shopping cart into the people who stand in the middle of the grocery store aisle--constructing a shopping list via phonewith their housemates, spouses, whomever....while they are oblivious to the fact that they have brought the traffic flow to a standstill...
and always there is TMI about their lives coming from the phone conversation.

What has happened to manners and appropriate behavior:yikes:

When this happens, or when anyone abandons a buggy in the middle of the isle
thats when I take the opportunity to dump some items in said buggy. Usually some high priced item, or something like ex-lax, or condoms, or bag of prunes...anything really. This is the price for leaving your buggy unattended as far as I'm concerned it's non violent, and non confrontational and you dont always get to see the end result but thats o.k. too......

I want to be available for our daughter 24/7, and she freaks out if she can't contact me the instant she needs me. So in church, wherever, whenever, in inappropriate places to receive a call, I now keep my phone on silent so that if she needs me, I know it, and I can leave the room to call her back.

The worst story I have about cell phones is from a funeral for a thirty-something mother of two children who died of cancer. Our strings group was asked to play the music for her funeral. Of course we did it gratis. During the funeral someone's cell phone went off. That is just the worst thing regarding cell phones that I have ever experienced. If I had not been on stage, I think I would have whomped up on that person.:pissed:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
I want to be available for our daughter 24/7, and she freaks out if she can't contact me the instant she needs me. So in church, wherever, whenever, in inappropriate places to receive a call, I now keep my phone on silent so that if she needs me, I know it, and I can leave the room to call her back.

I started to say pretty much the same thing. But the last time I did on a thread similar to this, I was told that my kid was a big cry baby or homesick or something to that effect - geesh. (& it was from someone who has no kids :roll:).

But I totally agree! I take my cell (on silent) everywhere just in case. It has been a wonderful piece of mind. Many times over.