• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Thanks Iris. Will try this too. I feel like I do have to take advantage of the good tomatoes right now. I might not be wild about all veg, but I luuuuuuuv me some good summer tomatoes.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I'm with you DD - don't really like eating raw veggies or salads but if I take the time to make a beautiful salad I do enjoy it, and especially with a home made simple dressing. I can easily go with olive oil and wine vinegar, salt and pepper. But, my favorite to whip up:

whole clove garlic chopped in small processor with 1/2 tsp or so seasalt. then add 3/4 c olive oil, 3-4 tbsp wine or balsamic vinegar (I like white), honey mustard (about a tbsp), tsp sugar, salt, pepper. splash of water, mix well in processor.

I do not like bottled dressings but we do keep blue cheese in the fridge for the blue cheese lover of the house (not me). Gorgonzola... that's a whole different story - bring it on! but, on my pasta. maybe crumbled up on the salad!

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I think I'll spend this weekend whipping some of these up.

Gorgonzola on pasta......heaven, sheer heaven.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
I like this simple recipe:

6 oz. of Gorgonzola crumbles
1/3 cup red wine vinegar (good quality)
3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
salt optional

Mix together & serve!

librarian

Beach Lover
Jan 22, 2009
i've gotten on a kick of mustard vinigrette:
1 teaspoon grey poupon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1+ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt, pepper
mix mustard, salt and lemon juice together then blend in olive oil until creamy
add pepper to taste and add more oil, lemon etc to taste-i put this in "snack size" ziplocks and carry with me for dressing to avoid the bad-for-me stuff. you can make on a much larger scale too.

SneakyPete

Beach Lover
May 8, 2009
This is my fav. It's creamy enough for the ranch folks and tangy enough for the vinaigrette folks, and you can just shake it in a jar and store it in the fridge. You really don't even need to measure, just eye it and taste as you go along.

½ cup mayonnaise (not the fat-free stuff)
1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 Tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
2 Tbsp smooth dijon mustard
3 Tbsp honey
½ tsp herbes de Provence, crushed a bit in the palm of your hand
1 tsp capers, rinsed and chopped (optional)
Kosher or sea salt and pepper to taste. Start with a generous pinch of each.

Mix everything together in a one pint jar that has a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine. Taste and adjust the sweetness or acidity and seasoning to your preference. Store in the refrigerator.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
What's wrong with eating blue cheese on a regular basis?? It's good for you. The blue part is a probiotic, which is good for your digestive health. :cool:

Just discovered blue cheese on bread atop a fig swizzled with honey. Thought I had died and gone to heaven. :clap: