South Walton's Community Website
Beach Like A Local!
Create Account
New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
31,648
1,773
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

nowgirl said:
Pardon my going straight to logistics, where the heck are all of those contractors going to park while this thing is under construction? :dunno:
On the new bike path in front of the Market -- everyone else is doing it. :rotfl:
 

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
497
44
46
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

nowgirl said:
Pardon my going straight to logistics, where the heck are all of those contractors going to park while this thing is under construction? :dunno:

On the bike path of course. :bang:

My hunch is that many of the people who will be upset about the loss of a convenience store that serves greasy food are the same ones that are thrilled to have a Publix in Seagrove.
 

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
47,015
1,123
67
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

We're screwed. jdarg...wll you buy me a drink if I walk in wearing head to toe TARGET with sand all over me???? Who's the sell out...GEORG???? This belongs in SoBe not SoWal.
 

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
18,069
1,971
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

Sueshore said:
We're screwed. jdarg...wll you buy me a drink if I walk in wearing head to toe TARGET with sand all over me???? Who's the sell out...GEORG???? This belongs in SoBe not SoWal.


Yes YOU can wear Target. Everyone else has to wear the thong.
 

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
31,648
1,773
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

I am more saddened to see Sandor's go that the Market and the out of place bank building next door. As I said earlier this year after seeing the sketches, this new "downtown Seagrove" building looks out of character, so it should fit in well in the ever-changing 30-A area. "Downtown Seagrove" :scratch: -- Is that like "Downtown Carillon?"
 

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
189
14
56
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

We just went to the market last night, my husband, myself, and our 3 kids. There is nothing like those grouper sandwiches, and I am not a fish eater.
What a shame this will be. We always go at least once when we are here and it's that old beach village atmosphere that we like. My husband just made a comment driving home after he saw the picture that it is going to be such a shame because they are doing away with the old beach villages. Are these really improvements?
 

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
13,310
418
60
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

FoX said:
My hunch is that many of the people who will be upset about the loss of a convenience store that serves greasy food are the same ones that are thrilled to have a Publix in Seagrove.

Yep, that would be me FoX and the food is not all greasy. And yes, I am very thrilled to have a Publix in Seagrove, Thank you.
 

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
4,267
833
Pt Washington
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

FoX said:
On the bike path of course. :bang:

My hunch is that many of the people who will be upset about the loss of a convenience store that serves greasy food are the same ones that are thrilled to have a Publix in Seagrove.


And what exactly is the problem with that?

I'll admit it...I am attached to the BUILDING. Another fixture bulldozed in the name of "progress." The atmosphere, and function, of the Market has changed over the years, but it has always been the place to go with a wet swimsuit and sandy feet.

I could care less about the Regions building. That's as out of place as the new complex will be.

At least maybe there will be somewhere to park. :bang:
 

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
31,648
1,773
Re: goodbye Seagrove Market

I want to clarify my earlier statement. I, too, like the casual beachy feel of the building in which the Market is located. Before long, you will be required to wear kakhi pants and white shirts, or even worse, coats and ties, to enter these new upscale places. I like the places where I can let my hair down (if I had any to let down) and the market is one of those places. I cannot say that I shop at that market, or eat often at the restaurant, but when I do go in there, I certainly feel at home.
 
New posts