• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I think it has everything to do with the economy. I think people are possibly having to decide between a summer vacation or spring break this year.

Bingo! The economy is heading for recession (or already in one) and folks will be looking for vacations on-the-cheap, if at all. That, and spring break is earlier, and ergo colder, this year.

Bingo! The economy is heading for recession (or already in one) and folks will be looking for vacations on-the-cheap, if at all. That, and spring break is earlier, and ergo colder, this year.

Heck, yeah. Georgia Tech's spring break starts after classes are over on March 14th. Frigid! But then Easter is on 3/23? Wearing a fur on Easter is just so incongruous.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
based on my personal experiences from coming down this week and looking at rentals for a week of April that with the economy and gas prices that I can't lock myself into a rental that I can't cancel last minute and get all my money back.

I know that limits my choices of getting some great deals with Owner's but with my schedule I have to book things last minute.

So usually I book the Marriot at Sandestin simply due to the ease of cancellations.

So I think possibly others are looking and getting prices but afraid to go ahead and commit to something this far out. I think bookings will pick up but it will be closer to arrival date.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I have to think it's the economy.

My sister in law just called to cancel -- they were going to come and stay in our guest rooms for free, but feel they can't afford even the travel and extraneous vacation spending this year.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
With all the news that Countrywide might go under and take Bank of America with it, it is definitely an unsettled time.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005