• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bang:

211359W_sm.gif

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Smiling JOe said:
If Dennis does come this way, it is likely that I will be without power, and the cell towers will be clogged for a few days. I am letting you know now, that if you would like me to take some photos(if my batteries hold up), or give you a report of your house in the likely event it does hit us, you should PM me while I still have power. I cannot promise anything, but I will do what I am able for you guys.

That's very generous, especially when considering you have your own property and self to take care of. I just popped a beer for you, Joe. :clap_1:

I shudder to think what another hurricane would do the panhandle. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Donna said:
Early warnings are a blessing and have doubtless saved many lives. But there is no way to know where this storm will make landfall or its intensity given its current position. If it stalls over the outlying land masses, especially Cuba, it may lose considerable strength. It's own centrifugal force is likely to spin it in a nothwesterly direction if we don't have a front pushing it east. It may move much further west and Grayton would have uncommonly clear weather. In other words, ten thousand variables and that's why it's called weather.

The worst thing about hurricanes anymore is the 24-hr. hyperbole we get from The Weather Channel. And someone needs to let Jim Cantore know that it's not so safe to be tripping around amongst a nest of electrical wires in a thunderstorm. He's likely to end up like one of those fried clams we used to get at Hojo! :rotfl:

A storm isn't a storm without Jim Cantore. Let's be honest.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Jim Cantore says bring it on!

lollygal

Beach Fanatic
JB said:
That's very generous, especially when considering you have your own property and self to take care of. I just popped a beer for you, Joe. :clap_1:

I shudder to think what another hurricane would do the panhandle. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I am lighting candles and saying prayers! GO AWAY, DENNIS, FAR, FAR AWAY!!!!

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005
The post from T. S. Dennis from Newman/Dailey was helpful
If you could continue to post any updates from Newman would be great as we all pray Dennis does not stop by for a visit.

sweet

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2005
I am down in the area now until Sunday in Seacrest where do I find a sticker

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
What advice do all the locals have for us tourists who are planning on coming down for vacation this upcoming week? I know that you have much bigger things to worry about like how to protect yourselves, family, property, etc...but if you can offer some words of advice I'd love it. My family and I are planning on leaving from Ohio tomorrow with an arrival to sowal on Friday afternoon. Anyone care to comment. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.